1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*UPDATE* Sony unveils PSP Extended Life Battery Kit, price, release date

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by 07anto07, Nov 29, 2007.

1. 07anto07

07anto07 Regular member

Have you ever been miffed while playing because your Sony PlayStation Portable's battery life failed to last through the seemingly endless hours playing? Those days of protracted gaming may soon be over with Sony's recent revelation of its PSP Extended Life Battery kit and covers for both the old version of the PSP and the PSP Slim and Lite.

Accordingly, this new product from Sony will be released during mid-December with a suggested retail price of US$ 44.99.

http://www.qj.net/-UPDATE-Sony-unve...ttery-Kit-price-release-date/pg/49/aid/108550

2. Ex_hoc

Ex_hoc Guest

I saw this too... Apparently it protrudes out of the case lol, not sure if I'd like that.

3. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

2200mAh? That's pointless. On eBay they have non-OEM 3600mAh batteries that also bulge out, but are cheaper and last almost twice as long! I've been meaning to buy one of these, buy I don't really care because I'm good with the 6h or so gameplay. I never play it enough to die, unless i leave it on and forget about it. When I'm not using it, it's always on the charging.

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

FINALLY! now i can use the 2200 in my slim. that's at least 9+ hours now. but eversince i got my limited edition zelda gold ds lite, i've been pushing the psp to the side.

5. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

Bout time...The original PSP should have had 10 hours though, out of the box. Take out the circuitry to save space.

6. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

I know.. They should have made the battery last about that long. It's annoying how short the battery life is!

7. Ex_hoc

Ex_hoc Guest

I've seen some applications that help with power managment just like in a notebook computer... maybe Sony should have done something like this when it was first released. Yeah know, something more than just being able to turn off Wifi...

8. LeadBaron

LeadBaron Regular member

We,, the XMB CPU speed never needs to be 333mhz, I keep mine at 266, and it works fine.