1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated and COMPLETE guide to flashing your 360?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mariotwo, Feb 15, 2007.

1. mariotwo

mariotwo Member

Back in the day i modded my original xbox... it was relatively easy, especially considering the wealth of information available on sites like xbox-sc3ne, and utilities/software/etc on xbins.

Flash forward a few years and i rarely touch my xbox anymore except to watch downloaded movies on my tvs...

I have been paying for xbox live because i actually LIKE it now, unlike the original service for the xbox that i didnt care for.

I own two 360s, and i have held off modding/flashing them because i didnt want to get banned from xbox live... but here we are and there are STILL no bans that i've heard of.

So, i want to take the leap and flash my 360s.

I'm looking at xbox-sc3ne and i dont really see the resources there that i used to for the first xbox.

I see the game burning guides on afterdawn... cool beans. Seems simple enough.

But are there any CURRENT and complete sites/guides for flashing my 360 and a place where i can keep up to date with the newest firmwares/etc...?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-xbox-360/
    if you look for the useful links tutorial there is even a video on flashing the Hitachi or Samsung drive

it depends on what drive you have so i would find that first.
    [​IMG]
    All 3 XBox 360 DVD drives. From left to right: Philips VAD6037/21, Hitachi-LG GDR-3120L and Toshiba-Samsung TS-H943

the firmware would also depend on your drive i think. I know
    Xtreme52 is the newest for the Samsung, which if you are very lucky one of your 360's will have because they have the best firmware that can do the most right now.

hope that helps, and happy modding

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
  3. mariotwo

mariotwo Member

Thanks for the reply! I think i've found everything i need as far as flashing the dvd drive goes... (I have 2 hitachis. damn!)

But now i need to also look at burning games... im of course going to be getting the iso files from the usual places... do i need to worry about the SS and merge and all the stuff still? Or do the newer firmwares take care of that?

The faq that is stickied on here seems super outdated and the links to files and stuff no longer work...

Any help would be appreciated.

Gonna go home and mod my system firt thing after work.

:p

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

For hitachi's other than the 0078 , you will be best off getting a SIL3112 PCI sata card and download the slax.iso file. Burn slax to a cd and boot with it. That'll get the hitachi in modeB then you can just flash with opa 2.3 Stealth. If you need someone to do this for you, PM me. I've done countless Hitachi & Samsung drives for people on this site and would be glad to do yours as well.

5. mariotwo

mariotwo Member

Thanks for your offer but i have an intel mobo with the ich5 or whatever sata, i think i will be able to handle the dvd firmware flashing side of things... i just need more info on the iso burning aspect...

:)