1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated GT4 Thread

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by dakillz, May 4, 2005.

1. dakillz

dakillz Guest

Sorry the official thread is just getting far too long and I've seen the same questions being asked over and over just because people dont want to read the previous 40+ pages to find out whats going on...

OK so far we have discovered:

[bold]1. GT4 is on a Parallel Track Path (PTP) Dual Layer DVD-ROM (DVD9)[/bold]

This being that both layers of the disc read from the middle of the disc to the outer edge. Unlike Opposite Track Path (OTP) which starts reading the 2nd layer from the outer edge inwards, which is the more common method offered by home PC DVD recorders.

[bold]2. Some of the newer modchips (eg DMS4, Matrix Infinity) will play a copy on a DVD+R D/L disc recorded with OTP, by patching the game on the fly.[/bold]

[bold]3. Toxic who released the bios that first allowed the modchips to patch on the fly have released a patch that allows anyone to make the DVD9 iso OTP compatible by patching the file ioprp300.img.[/bold]

[bold]4. A DVD5 & SwapMagic solutions are still undiscovered, it seems like we need an updated .vol explorer (the existing one available for GT3 apparently isn't compatible) to remove movie and music files.[/bold]

If I have missed anything please post the missing info

2. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

im guessing not as its quite old but how bout messiah 2 pro?

3. dakillz

dakillz Guest

"tjvdberg" managed to get it working with a Messiah 2 (v1.33?) on a V10 PS2 using a Verbatim DVD+R D/L. He patched it with Toxic patch first

4. dakillz

dakillz Guest

5. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

argh,im not sure of the version of ps2 that i have but its years old so its not a version 10.i guess i could always try it.

6. dakillz

dakillz Guest

"Pipal" has also managed it with a Messiah 2, on a V9 PS2. The only problem with the older PS2's is that a lot of them wouldn't even support DVD+R let alone DVD+R D/L. They only supported DVD-R at first.