1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**UPDATED *****HOW TO INSTALL MOBILE PHONE TOOLS *****UPDATED**

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Gem20, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Gem20

Gem20 Regular member

[bold]**UPDATED*****HOW TO INSTALL MOBILE PHONE TOOLS*****UPDATED**

WITH THE ORIGINAL LINK - http://www.free.cz/motorola/ NOT WORKING, AND NO PROSPECT OF IT GETTING BACK UP AND RUNNING IN THE NEAR FUTURE, I THOUGHT IT WAS TIME I POSTED AN ALTERNATIVE METHOD OF INSTALLING THIS DAMNED SOFTWARE UNTIL A NEW HOST PAGE CAN BE FOUND.[/bold]

THIS WAY SHOULD ALSO BE MUCH QUICKER AS YOU ONLY NEED TO INSTALL ONE VERSION - hopefully!!

You should always uninstall any previous attempts to install MPT before installing any more versions.
    I would always in the past recommend that you install one of the original versions (i.e. v1.23, v , as a sound base, then install newer versions on top.
    It is not imperitive that you install one of the original versions 9
    If you have [bold]SHAREWARE[/bold]- i.e, Limewire, 360Share, etc. then you can search for the program and drivers on there. I have 360Share and it came up with about 100 results of various versions. Then you can simply download the files and install them straight away.
    If you don't have the means to search on a 'file-sharing network' or you simply can't be bothered, then you are in luck!!
    You can use the link that was provided by '[bold]nswolter]/bold].
    http://evanzhang.com/mpt323.exe
    N.B This link is also listed in my 'profile'.
    Click on the [bold]Gem20[/bold] shown in blue.
    Then click on the 'links' tab at the top
    Then choose which link you wish to use and select it.
    It will then open the chosen webpage or download the file.

[bold]INSTRUCTIONS[/bold]

1) Click on this link-
    http://evanzhang.com/mpt323.exe
    It should then begin to download - this may take a couple of minutes, and then just click 'Run'.
    It should then install automatically with no need to unzip anything.
    It should ask you in the last dialouge box of the install wizard if you want an icon on your desktop, either check or un-check the tickbox.
    If not, go to the 'Start' menu and use the 'Programs' submenu.

2) The P2K Driver should already be in there, but if not you can go to
    http://bongowireless.com/file_download.php
    and download either
    P2K Drivers for XP/ME/2000 (Number 53)
    or
    P2K Drivers for Windows 98 (Number 18) .

3) Restart your computer.

4) Once it has rebooted, put the small end of the USB Cable in your phone and the large end in your computer.
    A 'New Found Hardware' wizard should appear.
    Follow the instructions and finish the wizard.
    You can either let it try and detect the drivers for itself or you can browse it to them yourself.
    Just follow the instructions in the dialouge boxes and use the setup options to personalise your settings and synchronisation to your preferences.

5) Once this has finished click on the icon for MobilePhone Tools - which should look like this [​IMG]
    An image of a phone will appear on your screen:
    [​IMG]

N.B - If your image does not look like your phone, you need to go to the 'main menu' and 'setup'. Then go to 'General Setup', then the 'Communication' tab.
    Click on the 'Change Modem' button. This will start a wizard for 'Device Configeration' and will allow your computer to identify your device and change the setings accordingly.

The icons on the right of the image, are your links to (from top-to-bottom) [bold]the web, text messages, Multimedia, phone/address book, calendar, synchronising and information. [/bold]
    The main menu button will be in the same place as where it is on your actual phone.

6) It is wise to [bold]back-up all your data from your mobile on to your PC before you do any synchronizing.[/bold] The option to do this is in the main menu under organiser, Mobile Phone and Back-up/Restore. You can choose where on your hard-drive to save your backed up phone data.

7) The Live Update option in the main menu, under the 'Setup' submenu. It may take a couple of minutes. The latest version available is version 3.25b.

N.B - [bold] If the phone and computer will not initialise when the 'New Found Hardware wizard' appears,[/bold] try this:
    While it is still trying to initialise, either
    - unplug the USB Cable from the computer and plug it back in a couple of seconds later
    OR
    - turn your phone off and back on again.
    It should now start to setup and install your phone. You should be able to see the progress bar on the screen. Follow the rest of the instructions, and it should initialise at the end. But for this to work the drivers must be detected by the computer, you should be able to point it to them.

I have not tested this method myself yet so i don't know it will work for definate. But i don't see why not.
    If you have to fluctuate on the instructions a bit then do so, cos as i said earlier, this is not a tested method, and the only way i could test it myself, would be to uninstall my software and then reinstall using this link and unfortunately, i don't think i am brave enough!!

I hope this helps a few of you out.

PM me with any probs, i will get back to you when i have chance.

Good Luck

Gemma (aka Gem20)

2. angryprsn

angryprsn Member

First of all, thanks for the link. However, mine seems to be stuck. I successfully installed the software, and the phone came up on my screen. However, it wasn't the right phone, so I followed your instructions for that. Now, it's stuck in the "initializing..." stage. It has a little icon too, that when I mouse over, it says "Mobile not connected". What should I do?

P.S. What does N.B. stand for?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2006
  3. Aardvark2

Aardvark2 Guest

N.B. stands for 'NOTA BENE', the Latin for 'NOTE WELL'. Basically when used in English it means 'don't forget'.

As for your Mobile Phone Tools being stuck at the 'initialising' stage, check out the following thread: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/292314

4. pfuller

pfuller Member

I am also having the same problem so I went to the site to download the drivers and it said file was corruted unable to download now what? Is there a web site to get free updates on the phone tools? I haven;t been able to find a link even though I registered it

5. pfuller

pfuller Member

well I got it to reconize the phone but now I can't pull up the multi media it just lets me do phonebook calender internet etc.

any ideas? should I upgrade to 4.o and where would I go to do that? Someone told me about free upgrades

Thanks?

6. Gem20

Gem20 Regular member

Hey all,

angryprsn - did you try interrupting the connection during initialisation? i.e turning the phone off and back on again or unplugging the cable then replugging it after a couple of seconds?

pfuller - you do get free updates....through the softwares Live Update feature. But your MPT must be up and running for this to work.

Gem

7. jaymang

jaymang Guest

Hi there.

English is not my language so please have pacience!

I´ve been having seriuos trouble with my Motorola v300 and the Mobile phone tools. Lot of people tried to help (I have all kind of drivers, and versions of the MPT) but nothing works.

Always I have the same result: the MPT doesn´t find a Motorola USB Modem at all. Even when I installed with all kind of drivers (p2k, etc).

I run the MPT and it says to plug the phone. I plugged it. Then it says "installing the phone, bla bla" and woalá, error:

[​IMG]

That error leads me to a option to install a modem (usb, bloototh, infrared, etc) and always with the same result: no modem detected. Note that in My Pc, the device list shows me a Motorla Usb Modem, instaled and without trouble (without the yellow "!")

Another time it says to me if I would use "motorola usb modem" or "other device", when trying to find a modem. When I use Motorola usb modem, it tryes to contact it but nothing happens:

[​IMG]

Then the other option, "other device", so it tryes to find it in the Com ports but nothing is detected:

[​IMG]

The cable is in good shape. Is brand new and its working, because the drivers are installed and working, and when I plug the phone, the "new device detected" shows inmediatly.

Im very lost here. I found this thread that talks about instaling the MPT and then the upgrades. My question is: It has to be that way? or I can install another one and use the "live update"?. Maybe your way is the only way to make this work and I would try it for sure!.

I´ll wait your answers, and again: sorry for my english. I know it sucks.

8. jaymang

jaymang Guest

Well, its me again.

I erased all the drivers, all the software and start all over again.

I installed the MPT of your link, and then let windows to find the drivers for the Modem.

Then, updated the MPT, with a restart in the middle an woalá! It works.

Magic? maybe!! Anyway, tnx for the info.

9. Gem20

Gem20 Regular member

Well, i'm glad it worked, theres no reason why it shouldn't really.

10. sam_naqvi

sam_naqvi Member

this link is not working for me http://evanzhang.com/mpt323.exe i need help i have a moto v220 and the cable i want to unlock it and want to download some rengtons but i have no idea what to do. if any 1 can help plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and thanx for everything

11. nik414

nik414 Member

I downloaded Mobile Phone Tools for my Motorola V330, but the program isn't working. When I try to transfer a midi or wav to my phone for a ringtone, I get the error "unsupported format - transfer not possible" I've tried downloading MPT from the sites listed here in the forums, but none of the links are active. If anyone knows how I can fix this error in Mobile Phone Tools, I'd really apprecaite it! :)

12. snjjeff

snjjeff Member

I have tried all of this. I have uninstalled MPT, uninstalled the Motorola USB modem... reinstalled both using every method I could see in different forums. I got the phone interface to show up as a RAZR V3, but I too have the little phone icon with the red crossed circle. Its not recognizing my phone. NOW- here's the thing- I had the whole deal working for about a month, but then it did an update, and it just, well, crapped out. I had followed a long set of directions (including which port the modem should be on) and it had worked. SO- can someone point me in the direction of that thread, or does anybody have any ideas? I don't want to spend another three day marathon trying to get the darned thing to work!!! H E L P !

13. D4N

D4N Member

nik it means ur phone will not play the format of file

14. gandolf81

gandolf81 Member

hi, thanx for all the postings!!! its helped....the driver, the program all works....to a certain extent.....my current problem right now is:

i have a Motorola E815, and it shows up just fine, but the multimedia button is not there, so i cant really add any MP3s to it. but when i change the setup to an E815m, the multimedia button is there. i click on the button, and try to transfer an MP3 to my phone, but it says an error "unable to detect phone" and then i close that multimedia windows box, it says "modem not connected"

i need help!!!!!!!!!!

15. saints76

saints76 Member

Hi there...
    The link is not working...anywhere else I can get the installer...
    Need it badly for my L6 file transfer...Help!!!!!!!!

16. gpb42

gpb42 Guest

I was having trouble with the E815 as well. It is my friend's phone. I have successfully used MPT with my v551 numerous times, however, I get caught in the same loop of installing the driver successfully, then when MPT goes to open and initialize it goes back to the same driver problem.
    If I plug in my phone and use my profile successfully, why can't I plug in my friend's E815 and just create a different profile. I absolutly know I have all the updated drivers downloaded from a link on this site.

finiky little buggers.

17. Gem20

Gem20 Regular member

If anyone is having trouble getting this link to work, i would recommend using a shareware site to find this file.
    Try searching for 'Motorola Mobile Phone Tools' and also if you are wanting a particular version, specify which one.

Sorry i haven't been around much lately but i am 8 and a half months pregnant at the moment and i have had a lot of stuff to sort out as you can imagine!
    I have also got a new phone - a Samsung E530 - and i have been occupied with getting the connectivity software for this one up and running. This one is connected via bluetooth and cos my laptop doesn't have bluetooth built in, i had to get a dongle which cost me £40. But it is less hassle than the USB lead, once it's connected that is!

I hope to be around more in the near future, not sure how near cos i'm sure the baby will keep me busy and away from the computer!

Good Luck!

18. Gem20

Gem20 Regular member

SORRY ABOUT THE DUPLICATE!
    MUST HAVE GOT A BIT BUTTON HAPPY

If anyone is having trouble getting this link to work, i would recommend using a shareware site to find this file.
    Try searching for 'Motorola Mobile Phone Tools' and also if you are wanting a particular version, specify which one.

Sorry i haven't been around much lately but i am 8 and a half months pregnant at the moment and i have had a lot of stuff to sort out as you can imagine!
    I have also got a new phone - a Samsung E530 - and i have been occupied with getting the connectivity software for this one up and running. This one is connected via bluetooth and cos my laptop doesn't have bluetooth built in, i had to get a dongle which cost me £40. But it is less hassle than the USB lead, once it's connected that is!

I hope to be around more in the near future, not sure how near cos i'm sure the baby will keep me busy and away from the computer!

Good Luck!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2006
  19. runesong

runesong Member

Hi there. I'm looking for a valid link to a free/functional version of MPT for a Cingular RZR V3. I've gone back and checked link after link and nothing is valid. Half of my keypad just started not working with no droppage or spills affecting it. I ordered a new phone and want to back up my current data. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

runesong

20. thayen

thayen Member

I can't seem to click on the multimedia tab. Does anyone know why? I have a motorola v265 with verizon wireless.