1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**UPDATED *****HOW TO INSTALL MOBILE PHONE TOOLS *****UPDATED**

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Gem20, Jan 22, 2006.

1. bb404

bb404 Guest

hi, i have an i850 as far as i can tell ive done all i can but MPT does not pick up my phone, so i do an manual search but my phone is not in any of the list...anyone have any ideas????

2. Gem20

Gem20 Regular member

Hey there.
    Sorry, i ant been around much lately, but having a newborn baby doesn't leave me with much time to get online these days.
    I just wanted to let you all know that i am aware that the link to MPT 2.23 is no longer working and when i have time, i will work on getting another link up and running.
    But until then, i would recommend trying to find the file on a 'freeware' or 'shareware' network. I have 'Share360' and when i searched for MPT software it found dozens of files from diffferent hosts.
    Freeware is free and you shouldn't be charged for using it. Share ware is NOT free and you may be charged, although you may have access to a wider search.

Hope this helps.

Gemma

p.s-

runesong

There is other software that you could try that has a lot of the functions that MPT has. For example, 'MobileEDIT'.
    You will be able to back up your data in the same way.
    Try going to:
    [bold]http://www.mobiledit.com/[/bold] and clicking on [bold]downloads[/bold].
    The download is free and you connect in the same way as you would with MPT, with a USB.

I hope you have a bit more luck this way.

3. aligeejay

aligeejay Guest

4. Kakorat

Kakorat Regular member

isn't the newest version v.4.00 or so??? "Motorola Phone Tools"

5. Gem20

Gem20 Regular member

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
  6. svb1115

svb1115 Member

Yeah seems like the multimedia isn't working for me neither, any reason why? I have a L7

7. fer854

fer854 Member

8. no1gamer

no1gamer Member

all i got was .rar file

9. runesong

runesong Member

I had and have had no problems... I went straight to the page and 'ran' the .exe file, backed up my phone data and went on my way. I feel good now that I have a backup of all that info!!! Thanx!

10. nswolter

nswolter Regular member

a .rar file is a compressed file like a .zip Find a program to extract it, and your files should be available. Probably mmpt_323.exe

11. culazul

culazul Member

Am running Motorola Phone Tools v4.2.1a 04-24-2006 (060222007077) on WinXP Pro, SP-2, with a Motorola v300 cell phone and USB connection. After days of trying to get the phone and PC to communicate, I finally succeded. Don't ask me how. But uninstalling, reinstalling, updating and switching USB ports somehow worked... almost. Now my phone is detected, but the Multimedia Studio icon is dark and when I mouseover I get "This function is unavailable because another function or data connection is open, or the phone is still initializing." 93% of my picture memory is spent, so I'm trying to transfer photos to my PC. Anyone?

12. dshiu

dshiu Member

does this work for razr v3?

13. culazul

culazul Member

From the www.motorola.com support site:

Question:
    Multimedia Studio issues -- File Transfer Studio

Answer:
    1) File copying times out or gives an error immediately after starting
    This has been seen on older phones such as the V300, and would require a phone software fix.
    2) When copying a file to the phone, I see the error "File type unsupported by phone (0x43)"
    The phone is programmed to only accept a certain range of file types (for example: *.JPG, *.MP3, etc.) It will not accept all other files.
    3) After aborting a file transfer, communication is lost
    This is a known issue with the software on the phone. You will need to restart Motorola Phone Tools and likely power cycle your phone and plug it in again.

Question:
    Motorola Phone Tools appears to be working fine, but I do not see the Multimedia Center (or a different area of the software is not showing up that I was expecting).

Answer:
    Certain phone models released by certain carriers (such as the V265, A840, V710, E815 by Verizon) have disabled the ability to copy files to and from the phone. If MPT detects one of these phones, it will not show the Multimedia Studio button because the feature will not work.
    If you feel that the icon has been disabled in error, select your phone model manually (see instructions above) but choose the profile ending in "m" for your phone model. For example, a V710 user would use the "V710m" profile.
    However, please note that if the feature is truly disabled on your phone, MPT will still not function correctly.

In the first answer, a software fix is required for the V300. WHERE AND HOW CAN I GET IT??

14. culazul

culazul Member

Now I can access File Transfer Studio (switched modems and turned the phone on and off). But I get an error "The communication link has been broken by the phone." when I try to access the 'pictures' or 'audio' folders on the phone.

15. bomb12guy

bomb12guy Member

if you need motorla phone tools pm me and ill send it with instructions ...

16. dukester8

dukester8 Member

benn trying to use mpt with no luck does mpt work for a motorola v190 and if so do i need a pacth or something any help would be great thanks in advanced

17. dukester8

dukester8 Member

me again i got to accept my phone but the multimedia is not highlighted any ideas on that is it locked and if so how do i unlock it thanks in advanced again

18. lentilmom

lentilmom Member

Links to all versions of MPT that I found.

http://www.vxxxstuff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8908

Has links to MPT versions:
    v1.23c
    b2.21b
    v3.0
    v3.23
    v4.3.6c

I got v3.23. Just installed it, synched for the first time. Working just great!

Hope this helps someone!

19. sexy_eyez

sexy_eyez Member

ALRYTE I GOT A QUESTION... I DOWNLOADED DA MPT FROM http://vxxxstuff.com/himself/vxxxprograms/mpt323.exe... AND EVERYTHING ELSE IS WORKIN FINE EXCEPT WHEN I TRY TRANSFERIN THE RINGTONES INTO MY PHONE. IT SAYS.. UNSUPPORTED FORMAT [MP3 CODEC MAY BE INAPPROPRIATE OR MISSING].... I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FIX THAT.. SO IF ANYONE CAN PLEASE HELP. ID APPRECIATE IT. THANKS

20. nswolter

nswolter Regular member

If you have a Verizon phone, this feature is blocked. you have to hack the phone to make it work, that could be your problem