1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated my modded 360 today and now I can't play games

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by durianfan, Feb 25, 2012.

1. durianfan

durianfan Member

I bought my 360 about a year ago from a friend of mine. It's modded but never been updated I think. It's the fat white one. For newer games I've had to insert a kind of boot disc first and then the game disc for it to work. Today I went over and got a pirated copy of Skyrim. I inserted the disc and I got a message saying that in order to play it, I needed to update. So I updated the system using a flash drive. Now none of my games will work. I can still access the HDD so I haven't been banned, but every time I insert a game disc I get thrown back to the dashboard, or I get a white screen that says "TO play this disc, put it in an Xbox 360 console."

I know there are threads similar to this one but the error message I get is different for some reason. I think I might need to get it re-flashed, but I'm just not sure. Any help you can give is appreciated! Thank you!

2. Aiur

Aiur Regular member

It sounds like you have an older version of iXtreme. Update to the latest version your drive can handle and you should be fine.

3. durianfan

durianfan Member

^Sorry to ask a stupid question, but how exactly do I do that? After some research it looks like I need to take apart the Xbox. I also can't find a working link for iXtreme.

4. coorva

coorva Regular member