1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated Xbox360, Can't play games

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by iwubxbox, Jul 22, 2012.

1. iwubxbox

iwubxbox Member

Hi guys,

First of all, I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to modding and xbox software updates so I came on here hoping to get some advise from fellow members.

The shop where I bought from sells 2.0 and 3.0 version games and my modded xbox360 is able to play the version 2.0 games.

I just bought a 2.0 version Maxpayne 3 game and installed. When it finish installation, it requested for an update which I did and now it can't play any games (disk not recognised) including all my older games which work perfectly before the update. I noticed the Xbox dashboard is different than the one I used to have.

My questions are:
    1) Is this reversible? Can I get it back to the previous setting or software so that it can play all my games again?
    2) if yes, how do I do that?

Again, I tried reading up some previous threads but I don't really understand most of the discussion. Any help is much appreciated.

2. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

there is no turning back, the update reflashed your drive back to stock, you must take your xbox and have it flashed again, some of the 2.0 patched games will no longer work!

3. iwubxbox

iwubxbox Member

Thanks for the quick reply!
    I googled it but some advise would be great as I'm not sure what are the latest updates.
    Can anyone point me to a guide (the most current method?) on how to get it flashed again if possible? My xbox360 is the Fat version.