1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updating causing bricked consoles?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by koalaz204, Jun 6, 2007.

1. koalaz204

koalaz204 Member

I have looked around on quite a few forums and I see people complaining about the updates causing there consoles to fail/brick.

- My question is , is the bricking coming from the "Game Updates"(E.g Super Paper Mario") or "Internet Updates" and is there anyway to avoid the bricking.

- I have also seen that most of it is caused from people trying to update PAL Wii's with NTSC Game's, is this true? Thanks for the help guys, I am just trying to figure out what to avoid.

2. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

Bricking happens when an NTSC-U game disc updates a PAL region Wii. It's NOT the internet update. There are plenty of other threads that talk about this. Please search around more.

If you import, be careful. If you play domestic only, you're fine for the most part.

3. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

...double post...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  4. koalaz204

koalaz204 Member

Just out of curiosity isn't there two versions of NTSC? What happens if you update a NTSC-J with a NTSC-U (Vise Versa) - Will that also brick the console?

5. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

yes there are two versions of NTSC. NTSC-J (Japan), NTSC-U (USA).

Look, it's not that complicated. DON'T update with a game. Never update with a game. Just play games from your region and always update over the net.

If you keep your console updated via the web then you won't have any issues. If you put a game in and it says it needs to update and you're not sure, just go online and update via the web first and then you know that you're getting the right one. End of story

6. koalaz204

koalaz204 Member

Thank you very much for your help.