1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updating Codelist Question (AR MAX)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Bauer24, Sep 12, 2004.

1. Bauer24

Bauer24 Guest

hello

I have just bought a Action Replay Max Evo. Edition. Anyway i wanted to update the codelist, so i used my USB Flash Drive, and installed the Max Drive software on my Win98 SE, i successfully downloaded the codelist onto my USB flash drive. now the question is how do i update it to the PS2??

thanks

2. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

you have to put the file onto a mem card, as the dongle cannot be updated, it will show up on your mem card as corrupt data, but it will still work

3. Bauer24

Bauer24 Guest

so i use the memory manager option to copy the codelist file onto my memory card, and then it will update on its own. should i delete the codelist file then.

Also what if i want to update it again, just re-write over the old one??

BTW thanks for the help :)

4. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

the code list has to be left on the mem card, it doesn't update the dongle at all, it can't be written to, and yes it will just overwrite it when you update the list

5. Bauer24

Bauer24 Guest

now you've got me confused! so if i copy it onto the memory card, i can still access them cheats via the AR MAX?

6. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

yes as long as the mem card is in port 1 and the dongle is in port two

7. Bauer24

Bauer24 Guest

dongle?? what?

8. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

the dongle is the mem card type device that came with your AR MAX disc

9. Bauer24

Bauer24 Guest

i never got that device, do you meant the usb one???

10. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

sorry I forgot you got the max evo, I'm not sure if you can use the update list straight from the usb pen drive or if you have to un-crush it to your mem card, you'll just have to try it out

11. Bauer24

Bauer24 Guest

no need to be sorry, just a slight misunderstanding, i'll try what u said and report back to as soon as possible, keep your eyes peeled ;)

12. Bauer24

Bauer24 Guest

ok, i downloaded codelist v.4.22 onto my USB. from there i loaded the Action Replay MAx Evo Edition Disk, and went to the Memory Manager thing. after that i copied the codelist onto the memory card. then re-setted the PS2. the memory card showed the codelist was a corrupted file. anyway i loaded the Action Replay MAx Evo Edition Disk went to the codelist, but still there are the old codes. new games such as Second Sight and Burnout 3 are NOT there!!

Could Someone Please help me Thanks :)

13. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

14. Bauer24

Bauer24 Guest

ok i un-crushed it, to memory card slot 1 (4mb of free space) i then re-seted the PS2 , and loaded up the Actiion replay max again, checked the codelist and new games such as Second Sight and Burnout 3 were not there! so i am still stuck, am i doing something wrong?

15. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

ok, I just watched the video demo on the codejunkies site, according to the bint on that, you just put your usb flash drive in the ps2, and load up the max evo disc, then it reads the codes off that

16. Bauer24

Bauer24 Guest

i tried that and it dont work, what am i doing wrong, are u the only one here with a action replay max evo edition??

BTW u have been very helpful

17. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

I have the max evo (DL'd from the link on this forum), but I haven't tried using the updated code list yet, I'm still using the older AR MAX for cheats, I'll try the max evo and if I get it to work I'll let you know how

18. Bauer24

Bauer24 Guest

ok, when will that be?

19. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

I'll try it tonight when I get five m8

20. Bauer24

Bauer24 Guest

so did u try it, what happened?