1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

updating firmware

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by BIGJJ, Dec 10, 2004.

1. BIGJJ

BIGJJ Member

Hello all~
    I went to the website on my Dynex dvd burner 8x for updating firmware .It asked me if i wanted a live update icon so i said yes.Now i haven't updated it yet because when i go onto the live update it goes threw the check then says right before i click to flash it ..Only update if specifically told to do so??? Well what does that mean?? I went to the update ,no one told me to or a little pop up didn't come up or anything.The reason im ask is it says it could leave your drive inoperable or something if you screw with it.SDoes anyone have a suggestion.
    thanks again

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The first question is are you having any problems with your burner drive that requires a firmware update? If the drive is working as needed then don't mess with it. Flashing the firmware should only be done to correct certain problems. As you read, if done wrong you could kill your drive. No need to update if its burning like you want it to.

Jerry

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Jerry is 100% correct! If you don't need it, don't do it! If done incorrectly, you'll be shopping for a new burner :>)

4. BIGJJ

BIGJJ Member

Thanks for the advice!
    appreciated.