1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updating iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by andersg, May 17, 2007.

1. andersg

andersg Regular member

For some reason when I update my iPod everytime it only adds, it seems, a random numer of song. I have 256 mp3's in iTunes but last time I updated only 147 went on and just recently only 104 went on. I don't understand why. Any suggestions?

2. jchien

jchien Member

First of all, I, along with many others, will tell you to not sync music or videos to your iPod. Manually manage everything. This way, if your computer crashes and you lose everything, if you connect your iPod to your computer, nothing will be deleted. Also, another perk is that you can add songs from your friends computers instead of not being able to because you are "synced to another library." I had so many problems when I tried syncing my iPod, but when I tried manually adding everything, it just works. In case you don't know, you just go into your library and highlight everything (Ctrl + A) and drag it into your music folder on your iPod.

3. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

He knows he can do this, but he wants to know how to fix his problem without having to manually update. ;-)

4. andersg

andersg Regular member

True. But I ended up manually doing everything because my computer got reformatted. I am now lookig for a program that can put my music from my iPod back onto my newly formatted computer.

5. jazo132

jazo132 Guest

There's a stickied guide at the top of the forum that will help you do that.

6. andersg

andersg Regular member

ohh, thanks for the heads up.