1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updating modded 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Kanibal, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Kanibal

Kanibal Member

I have a question, and I am asking it because I would rather be safe than sorry.

I want to do the BC Update for my 360 by disc (I don't have a broadband connection at home anymore), and I wanted to make sure that it wasn't going to interfere with the FW. Can anyone tell me if doing the update via CD would mess anything up?

Also, will a burned XBOX 1 game work on a modded 360?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jun 7, 2007
  2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

you can update with no issues and you can play burned xbox 1 games if they are on the compatibility list and burned on a dual layer disc, unless you have firmware for a samsung drive that is newer than 5.0 then they will work on a single layer dvd.

3. chopper18

chopper18 Member

hi there so if i get a chipped xbox1 game will it work in in the xbox 360 thanks

4. steimy

steimy Active member

chopper18
    games are not chipped, Xbox's are chipped.
    And as stated above it will play if you do the following.
    1. look and see that the game is on the compatibility list
    2. download the backwards compatible update for your 360 if it is not already part of the last update. Or if it was not automatically updated.
    3. You make the image as a 360 image and burn it to a dual layer disc (Hitachi drives)
    4. You have a Samsung drive with Xtreme 5.0 or higher firmware, then it can be played from a normal DVD5 (single layer( disc. Not sure if the image must still be made a special way or not.