1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

updating mxpro

Discussion in 'Android TV boxes (Kodi, XBMC, etc)' started by sylar101, Dec 22, 2016.

1. sylar101

sylar101 Member

hi

how do i know if and when my box needs updating? when i click on update now i get an error message saying unable to update. check ota servier argent. what does this mean?

2. piopat

piopat Active member

if you mean updating . upgrading to a newer software android version then i would say the over the air option you mention doesnt work . to be fair i never used it my self and i never saw anyone mention using it . usually people get the software files and add them to a sd card and insert the card in the box and install it that way . another way is to use the burning tool and a usb cable .

however yes if the over the air software option worked it would be nice , but at a guess id say that is probably only intended to update the factory software (the software from the factory) as opposed to any modified softwares available .

if your box is at the minute running ok well then as they say if its not broke dont fix it . especially if you are relatively new to this stuff . you can update kodi versions if you wish if your kodi version is old , if you have kodi isengard or kodi 16.0 well you are nearly bang up to date . sadly the very latest kodi which is 17.0 only works on android software versions above 5.0 , so if your box is a year or two old it wont be capable of running kodi 17.0 . but if its got a relatively new version of kodi , one of the first two i mentioned above and if all is ok my advice for now is dont worry .