1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updating PS3 mod and I have a few questions

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by wheelstb, Sep 30, 2012.

1. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

I purchased my PS3 pre-modified so I have never done this myself and I'm not really familiar with the process and the utilities. Here are my questions.

1. I am currently using multiman with 3.55 custom firmware. I am not sure which type of firmware. Currently what are the best programs to update to?

2.I hear a lot of talk about Eboots. What exactly are they and what are their advantages?

3.Sould I put any reasonable amount of faith in the new version of multi-man (red power) that apparently works with newer versions of the firmware?

Thank you in advance for the advice I appreciate it.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  2. fauzans

fauzans Member

1.I'm currently using multiman 04.02.00 but I'm pretty sure that any multiman version will be great,and if you want to know which custom firmware you're on then simply go under system settings -> system information and there you will find your ps3 custom firmware.

2.Around a month ago some keys were leaked which helped a lot of ps3 owners to make their own eboots for the games they owned,the advantages of this were that the games which didn't earlier worked on custom firmware because of official firmware restrictions can now be able to run by replacing the original eboots with modified eboots.

3.I'm not really familiar with newer custom firmwares,I'm currently using hermes custom firmware which has been running great so far,and I'm pretty sure that any multiman version will work great.

Let me know if you need anymore info.

3. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

Thanks for the info. I will try making the changes tonight or tomorrow morning.

What do you have to do to make eboots work? It seems to me like it is a more complicated process but I have no experience with them.

Thanks again

4. fauzans

fauzans Member

I haven't tried making the eboot files myself and it maybe a bit complicated,but the eboot files are widely available on the internet (Google the game you want the eboot for) .Somebody posted a nice site on this forum which had lots of eboot files.
    Let me know if you need anything else.

5. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

Thanks-it does seem like a complicated process. I tried to look it up on YouTube, figuring that that would be an easy way to learn about it. But I wasn't able to find anything.

6. fauzans

fauzans Member

Here's a link which not only has a lot of eboot fixes but also provides you with tools to make your own eboots,do a little google search to see how to use the tools to make your own eboots.

7. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

It sounds complicated but I will give it a try. Thank you for the info. I really appreciate all of the help

8. fauzans

fauzans Member

No problem.