1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

updating samsung drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by edubdle, Aug 1, 2011.

1. edubdle

edubdle Member

I have a old 360 with a ms 28 drive with xtreme 5.3 firmware on it. I lost the orig file and dont know how to restore with out it. Is there any way of upgrading with out the orig bin file. Can i update the dash where it reflash the drive then flash it over. Help please

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Samsungs don't get reflashed, so you can update the dash without any problems.
    Also you can dump the firmware that is on the drive at the moment and use it as orig.bin. It contains the key too.

3. edubdle

edubdle Member

what program do i need to dump the firmware toolbox ? and what firmware would i use pre or post 13141

4. BillB

BillB Regular member

You need jungleflasher. By far the easiest software to use. Your second question depends on your dashboard version. Is your dash before or after 13141? If you plan on going on live, I would flash the sammy back to stock: update via live: then reflash with latest ixtreme firmware.

5. edubdle

edubdle Member

thx for the response yes i use live have not been on for a while playing ps3 but i have 2 systems with the same problem flashed without orig bin

6. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Get a backup. If you lose it or erase your FW, you will brick the console.