1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

updating x360 firmware

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by tony909, Apr 16, 2007.

1. tony909

tony909 Member

hey guys i was wonderin if i can update my x360 firmware without the need of the original firmware,, i got the error 66 on my 360 and i have to update my samsung drive ms28 firmare in order to fix this problem,, and unfortunately i dont have backup of the orig fw because i didnt flash my 360, but is it possible to just do and update and flash my 360 with the new fw over the old,THANKX alot,,

2. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

if you xbox gets error code on start up and you dont have a backup of the firmware then you have a problem. you could just try flashing the firmware with a hacked version.

3. wabashman

wabashman Active member

there is a way of using someone elses origonal FW and modify if to be your 'origonal.' not sure how to do it exactly, but i know that i have read it on here before. most recent time would have probably been late jan, early feb.

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

You can update by dumping your "current" firmware as your ORIG.bin file. Get your key out the new orig.bin with firmware toolbox 3 and open the correct fw file you want to use (xtreme52a.bin for ms28) or (x52a-ms25.bin for MS25) and copy the key from your dumped firmware.
    Then you take your new fw file with your key in it and reflash with that.

Also of note, use either the enable0800 disc to unlock firmguard to read/dump your firmware or do the 10 sec Via badflash method.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  5. tony909

tony909 Member

thanks ,, i ordered the pci 6421 so i guess i dont need the enable0800 disc, all i have to do is follow your tut exaclty, (ps2menace) just as if my xbox was not previously flashed,,and hopefully get my system running again THANKS a million,,,