1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgradable Modchip

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by JThunder, Feb 8, 2007.

1. JThunder

JThunder Member

From what I've been reading, some people are saying Cyclo-wiz is upgradable and other people are saying WiiKey will be the first upgradable modchip for the Wii. I already decided to purchase a Cyclo-wiz modchip but am confused about its upgradability feature. So is the Cyclo-wiz upgradable or not? Thanks for any replies.

2. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

the cyclo wiz is upgradable according to the web page weather this is true or not has to be seen also with the recent discoverys from several gamers and even a 2 month warning from a german youtube video on the wii security older wii's can run the new chips but newer wiis need to be hacked still so the chip functions

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

4. JThunder

JThunder Member

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, the website did mention upgradability but some people are saying that the chip 'could' be upgraded, however teamcyclops didn't decide to implement it themselves.. or something like that.

Also, I'm just buying the chip to play my backups, so will the upgradability feature even matter? I'm not concerned about PAL or Japan's NTSC games, but I just want to be able to play US NTSC game backups with the chip. So is the Cyclo-wiz enough for me?

5. azoozoo

azoozoo Member

how do u upgrade the wii by dvd. do u download the upgrade from a site and burn it or what, vcan some1 plz explain? thx

6. Ednasaunt

Ednasaunt Member

To upgrade the Wii with DVD, you have to put the Cyclo Wiz into programming mode and then load the update via DVD. The Developers bulit the capability to upgrade the chip but haven't written any upgrades as yet...they are working on it now. The reason being so that the Cyclo Wiz can work on all versions of Wii. At the moment it is only compatible with Chipsets D2A & DMS which is about 95% of all Wii sold to date. There is a compatibility chart with serial numbers relating to Chipsets D2A and DMS at http://www.techwizad.co.uk/wii.htm . Chipset DB2 will be compatible as soon as the upgrade has been written.