1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgrade downgrade my psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by roachie, Jul 3, 2007.

1. roachie

roachie Member

Hi my psp is on 3.11 firmware at the moment and ive been reading alot about the 3.50 downgrader using Luminies.Is this safe and has neones psp been bricked by doing this.Also wheres a good source to get all the files from and have you got a tut on upgradeing then downgrade if some else has had this done and it went thru ok please let me know and if someone could show me where to find a good tut on upgradeing and downgradeing your psp.And once i have downgraded my psp to 1.50 is 3.30OE a good firmwareware.Just one mopre question will i lose my internet broweser on my psp when i downgrade?.Thanks for neone who can help and thanks for reading Peace

2. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

dl.qj.net has everything you will need, including the downgrader itself. now first you upgrade to 3.50 and here is a video on youtube about it, tells you exactly what to do, even on your computer, and it is straight forward. then after you will wanna upgrade to 3.40 oe-a.
    youtube link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-hPTkegVo5w

3. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

To answer your question about the internet browser-yes, you lose that capability when you downgrade-however, once you upgrade to the most recent custom firmware, (3.40OE) you get that back and have all of the same features that you are accustomed to now because its bascially just official sony firmware that allows you to use homebrew and play downloaded games, and emulators..the list goes on....the success rate for downgrading from 3.50 has been very good from what I am reading..You run the same risk of bricking by downgrading as you do by using a UMD or the network update to update your PSP to official firmware-
    As long as you can follow simple directions, and dont do something gay like turn off your PSP in the middle of downgrading/upgrading, you will be fine-the whole process of downgrading/upgrading takes less than 10 minutes...

4. roachie

roachie Member

Hi ty for sharing all your information with me i have now sucessfully downgraded and upgraded and i am very happy as i can now play homebrew and play all the classic games.and play my bakcups so im happy but ty very much for your information.if some one could please close this thread as all tasks have been completed sucessfully.

Peace

roachie:eek:)

5. funyknife

funyknife Guest

i have downgraded my psp using lumines to 1.5 and when i went to upgrade to an oe version of firmware it replied back as corrupted data. i put the files 330oeflasher & 330oeflasher% into the file psp/game/ but it would not read it. it cannot be the memory card because i used the same one to downgrade it. i downgraded last night and everything went great but i noticed this morning that when i started the psp it came up with a whole bunch of foreign languages saying to what i figured push o when i did it booted up but needed me to reset all the time and user info. games and all work if played on a umd

6. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

@roachie-good to hear that you were able to get your PSP downgraded and upgraded with no problems...

@funyknife-you have to do that the first time it boots up with new firmware (reset clock, etc.) What you should do now that you are on 1.5 fW, is first format your memory stick to get rid of the downgrader/install files-then head over here and get yourself the 3.40OE winstaller.This program runs from your computer, and installs the files onto your PSP automatically...Then you just run it from the game menu in your PSP-very easy!

7. funyknife

funyknife Guest

i am also helping a friend of mine out with his as well and was needing to know if i need to upgrade/downgrade a 2.60 with lumines or can i directly go to the custom firmware you suggested me to since it is a higher number

8. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

Well if you have one with a 2.60 firmware-you have two options-

1)use the 2.50/2.60 downdater (psp-hacks or QJ.net)but this requires you having an unpatched copy of GTA:LCS-the unpatched is the one that has the 2.00 firmware update.

2)Update the 2.60 PSP to 3.50, and downgrade using the lumines game.

Also, make sure you check to see if that one (2.60 PSP)has the TA-082 motherboard-It probably doesnt, but make sure anyway.That way you can get the right 3.50 downgrader that has the patch for the motherboard. I imagine that one has the IC6001 stamped on the mobo-I know mine did, but that was about the time when the TA-082 started rolling out.

9. funyknife

funyknife Guest

i went to the 3.40e and it was put on but when i go to load it boots up with the psp logo and then tells me it could not be started

10. funyknife

funyknife Guest

never mind i went into recovery mode and even though it said it was a 1.5 it still was reading as a 3.5 don't know how to explain that one but it did have the option to put the enabler as a 1.5 thanks though