1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade from HDloader to HDAdvance works?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by esone, Dec 2, 2004.

1. esone

esone Guest

Hi!

I now have the Hdloader original boot disc,but considering upgrade to HDadvance cause HDadvance support up to 200gig of harddrive..

Can I just use HDadvance instead of Hdloader without reinnstall the games or format the drive?Does it work?
    do I get more space then?
    I mean I got 200gig harddrive now,but HDloader only recognice 127gig,so I think maybe HDadvance will work and recognice up to 200 gig?

2. esone

esone Guest

noeone who knows?

3. Megadeth

Megadeth Regular member

Yes.... And it's free... Unless you really want to pay for a pressed disc...

4. esone

esone Guest

Okey,so then I can go and buy the HDadvance disc!? and use this instead of HDloader..

5. Megadeth

Megadeth Regular member

Yes... HDL and HDA are the same... HDA 2.0 is just a patched version of HDA/HDL with a different splash and main screen...

6. esone

esone Guest

Okey,but here`s one thing..I innstall my games with winhiip..
    At My HDloader it says that i have
    1 gig (of 127gig recognized) free..ok..
    When I tried to innstall a game at 1gig with winhiip it says that i not have enough space....how do winhiip know if I use HDloader?do winhiip automaticly set 127 gig?
    If I use HDadvance at my ps2..I still think winhiip will give me that message...or not?

I really dont understand that..
    I doesnt make a difference if I get more space with HDadvance at PS2 if I cant innstall more games with winhiip...U see my problems?

7. Megadeth

Megadeth Regular member

Ok you lost me...

What version of Winhiip are you using?
    And when you are trying to load a game in Winhiip are you going into program options and ticking 48-bit LBA (Special HDL) ?

There is a patched version (48-bit) HDA and HDL floating around the internet.

There is also a patch if you want to patch it yourself.

HDL_AIO_2 (HDL All-in-One V2) has everything you need...

8. esone

esone Guest

okey!
    But do I need a modchip or something for patching my HDloader?