1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade Hard Drive for xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by mikeh0303, Apr 5, 2007.

1. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

I want to upgrade my hard drive in my xbox. I have a soft modded xbox and non of the tutorals have helped me so far, I sometimes dont understand what to do. If you know a good tut please pase the link here!

2. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

If anyone has a hard drive ready reply here and I might buy it off you if you want to sell it.

3. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

you cant just have premade harddrives to put in an xbox.. they have to have the exact eeprom to link up to your xbox

so basicly im saying you have to format the hard drive yourself..

first buy a hard drive that is lockable and has an ATA connection (not SATA i made that mistake )

then download configmagic and get your eeprom thruough FTP and copy your C and E drive to your computer...

then download xboxhdm and put the eeprom file and c and e drive into the required spots ( youll know when its downloaded where to put them)

then use nero to make the boot cd

burn the disc with a dvd-r or cd-rw and make the burned copy an ISO

google some tutorails about using nero.

4. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

if I were to instal a mod chip and then install the hard drive could I just place the hard drive in? I might get a pre-ready drive with things like xbmc pre installed.

5. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

yeah, with a modchip you can, i have a hard drive around here thats unlocked and comes loaded with a lot of stuff, if you want it ill part with it...PM me for more info

6. mikeh0303

mikeh0303 Regular member

I think i am going to get one on this website that has mod chip/harddrive packages.

thanks for your help!