1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by celtics02, Aug 12, 2007.

1. celtics02

celtics02 Regular member

Is it possible to put a 30 gig HDD inplace of a core 360s HDD. If so please let me know how its done. Thanks in advance.

2. stephen02

stephen02 Guest

its possible to put any size in but it has to be a laptop drive, 2.5

ok what u do is u will need to hook both drives up in your computer.

1. hook up the new laptop drive and the 360 drive into your pc
    2. then u will need norton ghost
    3. first off create a folder somewhere in u r computer and drag and drip every file from the 360 drive to ypur pc's hard drive, always nice to have a backup incase something goes wrong lol.
    4. the use norton ghost to clone the drive, select the drive u want to clone and select the new empty hard drive and let it clo0ne.
    5. now stick the new drive in u r 360 caddy and into the 360.

u will not see bigger than 20gb on the 60 but when u download stuff it wont go bellow 20gb until there is only 20gb left lol.

i have a 250gb one in my 360, download alot of movies from market place lol.

3. Mehtevas

Mehtevas Regular member

I've seen someone who use that little Ghost trick to steal a 120 GB HDD from someone he was doing computer work. He cloned the 80GB drive to look like the 120GB. In order for that to work with this "glitch" of Norton Ghost is that the bigger HDD (120GB) had to have used less space than the 80GB drives maximum capacity.

Dude never got caught either because the most the lady ever used her PC was for was pogo.

-_- Mehtevas