1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade probs...? Nero6Ultra - Nero 7Prem

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by AlexT, Sep 18, 2007.

1. AlexT

AlexT Member

Nero6Ultra - Nero 7Prem

I had been using ConvertXtoDVD to convert .avi to DVD and using Nero to actually burn. No probs, not a hitch, etc. Decided to upgrade both programs to latest|greatest. A friend who I sometimes make movies for can longer watch them; ie, older DVDplayer.

I switched back to my original version of ConvertXtoDVD but didn't think NERO could be the culprit. Tried again...same problem, cannot watch movie.

I believe I have NERO setup the exact same, no restrictions, etc.

I would hate to have to revert back to 6Ultra again but if I must, I must.

I only use Verbatim DVD-R...always have and always verify that I use the same ID#, etc.

Any insight into my situation.

And yes, I know the moral of the story, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." LOL and a *sigh*

Seriously, THANKS, AfterDawn :)

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I'd switch back to Nero 6 and see if the problem goes away.

ConvertX burns so why not give it a chance?

3. AlexT

AlexT Member

Ha! That has passed my mind, as well; ie, trying ConvertXtoDVD for the burn. I've wasted so many DVD's trying to solve this for my friend that that is the only reason I hadn't done so, yet but will try.

I am just perplexed as to why or how there could be a "burning" difference between 6 and 7 to cause this problem. I can't imagine that the actual "burn engine" could have changed enough to cause this.

I will trudge on, nevertheless, and appreciate your reply, Frank...THANKS.