1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade to 8x

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by VMG, Dec 10, 2004.

1. VMG

VMG Member

Don't know if this has been covered before, if so, sorry for the repeat. I need to burn (70) 40 min DVDs by Dec. 17, that's about 55 hours of burning. My media supplier recommended Maxell 8x; will these work in the 300? Is it possible to get a DVD firmware upgrade to allow 8x burning? Questions, questions, questions. Any (quick) response GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks, Din at VMG

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

No one can answer your question without specifics like burner model #, etc. It's like going to the doctor and when he says describe your symptoms, you say "well, I'm sick." If your burner is rated 4X, buying 8X media will not help (unless there is some unapproved hack firmware which may or may not work). Hopefully, you have a good friend with a fast burner. At 8X, it should not take more than 7 minutes each (alot less since it's only about half the disc for 40 min) which is 8 hours total by choosing 70 copies in Nero menu.