1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade???

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by king_wolf, Jun 2, 2007.

1. king_wolf

king_wolf Member

Should i upgrade my psp if it has 3.40 on it? If i want to downgrade it to 1.50?? Can anyone tell me how to downgrade my psp to 1.5 please?

2. silentdan

silentdan Member

This question has been answered a gazillion times and a simple answer is no.You can not upgrade or downgrade anything above 3.03 firmware so your best bet is to find a way to exchange it for lower firmware psp.

3. king_wolf

king_wolf Member

Ok so if i can't downgrade. What is the best version to get or should i stay with 3.40? Is 3.40OE A better? Pease help

4. silentdan

silentdan Member

Do you have 3.40 offical firmware or do you have 3.40 oe-a on your psp?Cause if your psp is simply 3.40 then there is nothing you can do to it.If you want 3.40 oe-a which is custom firmware made by Dark Alex then you need a psp that is 3.03 or lower version firmware and the best firrmware version to have is 1.5 which you cant buy in stores cause most psp's come preinstalled with higher version firmware.
    Lets say you have a version 2.80...then what u need to do is upgrad it first to 3.03 and then downgrade to 1.5 and then upgrade again to3.40 oe-a custom firmware.
    There is tons of guyds out there which show you on how to do this all u need is to use google and u will find all the info u need.

5. king_wolf

king_wolf Member

I have v3.40 on my psp. Can i upgade it to v3.40OE A?? So is v3.40OE A the best i can get or should i stay with v3.40? Please help

6. bigcuz000

bigcuz000 Regular member

Silentdan: Your wrong about the 2.80 thing. You dont have to upgrade to 3.03. They have a working downgrader for 2.80 that uses HEN not the GTA exploit.

king_wolf: Currently you are stuck. You can't downgrade a 3.40 to 1.5. and you cant upgrade to 3.40OE-A from your current firmware. 3.40OE-A is the newest, but the best....idk. if you ever want to go to a custom firmware then dont upgrade.

7. king_wolf

king_wolf Member

So there is not anyway to get v3.40oea on my psp if my version right now is v3.40? So then i can't play any download able game on my psp right on v3.40? Please help me...=(

8. Oraseth

Oraseth Regular member

Correct. There is nothing that can be done for now to a psp that has official sony firmware installed that is 3.10 or higher. 3.03 is the highest version that can be downgraded.

9. silentdan

silentdan Member

Thanks for correcting me my fingers were typing faster then my brain could think lol.
    Just like bigcuz000 said you cant go anywhere with your psp currently im sorry to say,you cant play homebrew or backup games either but you can play flash games though.I say sell your psp and then with the money go to Ebay and pick up a psp thats 1.5 and then you can install any custom firmware you like.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  10. king_wolf

king_wolf Member

OK thanks. What are flash games? And where can i get them? What can i do on my psp with v3.40? Please help...

11. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

You can do everything that's in the manual my friend. You can also do flash games, but those aren't that fun and they're pointless.