1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgraded bios now need Evolution X Please Help!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Danie|_, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Danie|_

Danie|_ Guest

Can someone email me the newest version of Evolution X. What do i need to have to connect xbox w/ pc, and what types of files should i download for extras such as skins?Please post.

Send Email: somestrangechild@yahoo.com

2. ELVER_GUN

ELVER_GUN Regular member

yahoo cant hold it

3. Danie|_

Danie|_ Guest

What about AIM

4. ELVER_GUN

ELVER_GUN Regular member

I just made my evox.iso to burn and install
    was easy just hope it works

this is the guide I am following
    1. extract the files from the version of EvoX you downloaded. You should put your dummy file in the extracted folder.

2. in the new EvoX folder, find the file with the extention (i.e. .bmp, .txt) of .xbe
    it is usually names something along the lines of evoxdash.xbe

This is the dashboard file. *YOU MUST* rename this to default.xbe for boot disk purposes

3. make sure you have *at least* these files in your evoX folder

default.xbe (after renaming)
    evox.ini
    dummy file (nero.zip)

4. open Craxtion. click add. Browse so that it is searching for the folder with the
    evoX files in it. Click Next. It will now ask you to point it in the direction of where to save your new .iso you can also rename it in the bottom left Click Next. If it asks you if you want to patch the default.xbe, choose no. Then Finish it up and you got yourself a new xbox .iso

5. open nero. close out of the wizard if it pops up. go to File>Burn Image. Burn the .iso file you made with Craxtion onto your blank cd-rw. Burn as slow as possible to insure a safe burn.

6. after burning the disk, put that disk into your xbox and turn it off then back on.

==========================================

This Boot Disk has created a temporary FTP server so that you can transfer files to and from your xbox and computer. In order to FTP to your xbox, you HAVE to be at your dashboard, either by boot disk or if it's already installed then just go to it by default.

===============Warning!!!!===================

!!AS SOON!! as you get the boot disk to work and you connect to your xbox for the first time, BACK UP your C: and E: drives. You can do this by using FlashFXP.

check your email

Last edited: Oct 10, 2003