1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgraded psp to 3.02 OE-B and now I can't play games, can someone help?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by PurpleIce, Feb 5, 2007.

1. PurpleIce

PurpleIce Member

I have just upgraded my psp to 3.02 OE-B so i could play psx games on it but now its not that I can't play psx games on it but neither psp homebrew nor original UMDs

The games i put on it can be viewed normally but when i select one and try to run it the initial PSP logo stays longer on the screen then my psp turns off.

My psp was 1.5, and hasn't got the motherboard TA-82 on it. I hope someone can help me figure out what to do and I hope my psp is not bricked or something like that, i still can view pictures and hear soundtracks on it though

thankx a lot

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  2. PurpleIce

PurpleIce Member

please i really need your help here, if no one knows what i can do at least tell me if there is a downgrade for 3.02 OE-B to 1.5.

thankx again

3. balkie16

balkie16 Regular member

maybe try upgrade to 3.03 OE c? really no clue tho sorry.

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

The homebrew-problem can easily be solved. Just put a folder called GAME150 into your MS-Root/PSP folder and put your homebrew in there. I don't know why you can't play original UMDs on it, maybe a bug during upgrade. I read about some problems that were solved by going back to 1.50 and upgrading again. Back to 1.50 is quite easy, too. First, create a folder called RECOVERY in the MS-Root/PSP/GAME folder. Put a 1.50 eboot.php there. Then go into recovery menue (while booting the PSP, hold and press R). Klick onto Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PHP, wait till it finishes and you are back in 1.50. By the way, why didn't you upgrade to 3.10 OE-A but to 3.02 OE-B?

5. PurpleIce

PurpleIce Member

hi thankx for posting but all solved now i just downgraded back to 1.5 and reupgraded to 3.02 oe-b and now its perfect.
    I wanted a 3.02 oe-b so i could play psx games on it and it really does, all i want to find out now is how to use the popstation to convert my psx games to psp

6. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Use an old GUI, one for 3.02, the newer popstation only supports 3.03 and above. Easiest way to convert.

7. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Or u could use the 3.02 pops plugin.