1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgraded ubuntu DVD burining went south

Discussion in 'Linux - General discussion' started by vinman123, Aug 17, 2012.

1. vinman123

vinman123 Member

I decided to upgrade my OS Ubuntu. Therefore it seems it upgraded all my software in the process. When originally I had burned a DVD I had menu option so on startup of DVD a play menu popped up and you had to hit play. Now after upgrade its not showing menu and I cannot find an option in any software and installed all addons. In some players I can hit play and it would load on others I get nothing.

"Troubleshooting"
    When i look at DVD file structure on Computer the move is in title 2 and title 1 is empty so somehow it looks like my setting are wacky. Seems thats why when i first put dvd into player its playing empty title then when i hit play or "title search" once or twice jumps to title 2 where movie is.

It is definitely an OS issue as i tried with 3 different programs and get same results. Andy Idea what could cause this or better yet a fix or solution other than a full OS reinstall .

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

it's just the way the structure of the iso you are trying to burn is or the way the dvd was padded to avoid lockouts like bad sectors and missing data errors which is common to stop dvd decrypting