1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgrading 2.60 to 2.71

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by didz04, Nov 4, 2007.

1. didz04

didz04 Guest

hi,
    ive tried doing this with this guy who gave me a web to do it,
    http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-firmware-discussion-253/t-tutorial-271-generic-downgrader-73464.html....

but it is very difficult to get to get everything right with that way, which you have to change names which ive tried lots of times and read other peoples reviews and see what they have said. but still cant get it to work. i think i got half of it right though.

can anyone have any other ideas, other websites or do the same with the web on top but explain carefully how to do it please. i dont understand it well because i tried everything it says and tried what other people said but still wont work.

ive done mine to a 3.40 OE-A but this is for my freind which he is on 2.60 and i was already on 2.71.
    thanks.

2. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

So you still havent upgraded him to 2.71?

If not...

Rename the file i gave you before to EBOOT.PBP and place in ms0:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP. Then i'll find you a better guide.

3. didz04

didz04 Guest

cheers m8.
    but the name of the file when i download it is called 8046_EBOOT.PBP, so will that make any difference.

4. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Get rid of the 8046_ part.

5. didz04

didz04 Guest

ok cheers and can u find me another way if u can please to upgrade..?

6. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

I don't know how to tell you in any other way how to upgrade... no body dedicates guides to tell u how to upgrade to official firmware.

7. didz04

didz04 Guest

hey m8 do u know how to upgrade it, as in tell me step by step if u know how because i tries so many times and i dont know what i am doing wrong.

if u have done this or know how to do it and know it will work, can u try please.
    cheers m8.

8. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  9. didz04

didz04 Guest

YE M8 THANKS SOO MUCH IT IS A 2.71.
    THANKS FOR EVERYTHING.

10. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

NP..