1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading 3.10 oe-a to 3.4 oe-a

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Woops, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Woops

Woops Member

Before I actually do something, i want to know if,

1)upgrading to 3.4 oe-a is any good?
    2)if somehow my PSP bricks is there any way that i can avoid this or somehow fix it?
    3)Do i need a UMD to help run my ISO's?

Please reply. =|

2. johnc1234

johnc1234 Regular member

Benefits of 3.40 oe-a are better video resolution. However its customization is not so easy, what I mean by this is some topmenu_plugin.rco files which were compatible with the 3.03 oe-c firmware will not be compatible with the 3.40 oe-a firmware.

When upgrading there is always a chance you will brick your psp, as it writes flash0 files over. However the good news is that once you successfully upgrade to the firmware, if you do brick your psp, there is a recovery mode which will allow you ro safely replace the necessary flash0 files. In a nutshell once the upgrade process has finished it will be hard to fully brick your psp.

in 3.40 oe-a there is an option to "Enable No UMD Mode", which means you can play psp Image files on the psp without the need of having a UMD in your console. However the bad news is that some games will get an error "The game could not be started" along with an error code. So some games will have to disable no UMD mode and insert a UMD in order to play them. Hope that sums everything up for you.