1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgrading CFW 5.50 Prome-2 to 6.60 PRO-C

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by lalarhs, Nov 9, 2014.

1. lalarhs

lalarhs Member

Hi

I currently have a PSP 1000 with 5.50 prome-2 cfw on it. I haven't used my PSP in a while so I've forgotten quite a lot about upgrading/downgrading cfws.

Currently it seems best to update the cfw to 6.60 PRO-C. So I'm hoping someone here can help with how to upgrade from 5.50 prome-2 to 6.60 PRO-C.

Oh and I also heard that if you updated a PSP with cfw of 5.50 Prome-4 to 6.60 firmware, this will result in some kind of error? Will that also happen for 5.50 Prome-2, and how would I fix this error?

Thanks in advance.

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

The PRO-Firmwares are LCFW (light custom firmware), which were made for the non-permanently hackable PSPs (later 2000, 3000 and GO, not sure if you can use one on a PSP Street aswell), you can use a full CFW, which is better. Therefore I'd recommend getting 6.60 ME.

When updating from prometheus or gen you need to change the version.txt in vsh menu, because to prevent updating to official firmware by accident the version.txt claims that the PSP is on firmware 9.90. This is what you have to do:
    1. Open VSH menu by clicking on the Select button from xmb(main psp menu)
    2. Change USB device to Flash0
    3. Connect your psp to pc
    4. Navigate to \vsh\etc\
    5. Open version.txt using notepad or wordpad
    6. In the first line change the 9.90 to 5.50 and save.
    7. Disconnect your psp from the pc and change the USB device back to Memory stick in vsh menu

(And yes, I had to look this up, because it's realy been a while since I've done that).

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014