1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading HDD on Softmod Xbox v1.6

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by GamerKidd, Aug 23, 2012.

1. GamerKidd

GamerKidd Member

I'm trying to upgrade to a larger hard drive on my softmod xbox v1.6, sometimes I like to play the classics, but I'm running out of space, I've looked over tons of sites and videos, but I don't have access to an old pc where I can connect my hard drive to. I have a laptop and I don't know anyone who has an old pc, I've tried chimp2618 to clone the two hard drives, but I keep getting these black background with white letters appearing on the screen I've waited for that to finish, then it brings me to the screen where it asks how I want them to be cloned, I tried option 1 and 2 but they both just do the same thing, I haven't even got to the cloning status screen. I'm trying to upgrade my hard drive but now I'm running out of options!

quick question: do the new hard drive have to be unlocked?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  2. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

xbox drives have a special drive format. You have to use the western digital drive and tools to flash it with firmware. You may want to update to LT 3.0 as well 1.6 is very old and cannot play current games

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Modking are you getting wires crossed,OP is talking about original xbox

4. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

apparently so since this is the 360 section LOL

5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Well he can't ask in the Xbox section since it's locked. For OP you really need a desktop PC to do this. This is not a job for a laptop. You could probably buy one at Goodwill for $30 that could do the job.