1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading liteon CFW

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by jerred121, Jul 24, 2011.

1. jerred121

jerred121 Regular member

Hi guys, I am working with my GF's brother's 360 which I flashed about a year ago - it was the last flash I did so I'm kind of out of the loop.

Anyways, I have a phat Liteon 83850C that I believe has flashed to LiteOn_iXtreme_LT_v1.1 and I want to upgrade it to the latest FW or at least a FW that will enable him to play more recent games. The JF tutorial has changed, along with the methods, so I was curious as to what order I should proceed - like if someone can give me a quick run down or rough idea.

I have a serial connecting liteon probe that i made (from a guide on here I believe) and that thing has worked in the past, but I'd rather not use it because my new PC doesn't have a serial port. oh yeah my OS is Win7 64. I would also like to avoid buying any new hardware to do this.

To get the drive in a usable state can I still use the xbox to power the drive and get the tray in a halfopen state? Or is there a new method?

I read that I should restore the OFW (which I have) and do a system update before I flash to the latest CFW - sound about right? If so, will I have to bust out that probe again?

Thanks for any help guys, I have researched this topic but I have kind of a specific case here and I just want to make sure I do F anything up.

Oh yeah - one more thing - he doesn't care about playing on live so I don't care if he gets banned or not.

2. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Nothing has changed. If you have the OFW, just reflash 1.9 to that and you're done. Remember on the new dash you still can't play the ap2.5 games until a work around is released.

3. jerred121

jerred121 Regular member

Thanks for the reply + advice. I should have originally posted that the 360 is running dash 2.0.8955.0 so does that mean I still have to flash to the OFW and then update the dash then flash to the latest CFW or can I just skip flashing back to the OFW and just update the dash and the CFW? I'm going to update with a flash drive - not online.

4. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

You still have to flash to OFW, then update to the current dash and then flash to LT 1.9

5. jerred121

jerred121 Regular member

cool, thanks - I give that a shot

6. jerred121

jerred121 Regular member

When I select the Firmware Tool 32 tab don't I need to load my now updated FW (0251) into the Source? Or can I just use my OFW (83850C) as my source and the LT 1.9 as the target?

7. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Your OFW will work. Yes 1.9 as target