1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading Liteon Drive to LT2 Questions

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by RovCal, Nov 25, 2011.

1. RovCal

RovCal Member

Hello there

I've a Liteon 83850C V1 (July 2009) drive which is already flashed. Its not on dash 13599 and naturally on 0251 firmware.

I have the key.bin, enquiry.bin and identity.bin of the original when i hacked it earlier but I dont have the keyDB (csv/reg) file as its a different PC.

I do know the flashing procedure but I am a bit confused by the MRA/Probe thingie as the JF manual says all fats on 0251 will require the MRA bit, but since I have the key.bin, which I am assuming is the DVDkey, I won't need to do it.

Some guidance here would be greatly appreciated.

2. funksoulb

funksoulb Regular member

If you've got a previous dump of the firmware including the key and you know it's all good, you don't need to dump it again.

Once your 360 is updated to the latest dashboard and the drive is on stock 02510C firmware (I'm not sure if it is already or not from your post), then all you need to do is this: -

1. Use your previous firmware dump as the source, and the latest LT+ for LiteOn drives as the target, so your key gets inserted into the custom firmware, then save it.

2. Erase your drive.

3. Flash with the custom firmware.