1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading my old XBox

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by ThileFan, Mar 1, 2012.

1. ThileFan

ThileFan Member

hi, i modded my XBox back in 09 or 10 and i want to upgrade it now since i think new backups will not work (haven't tested in a while).

i remember having installed iXtreme 1.5 and shortly after 1.6 got released and i had to use a boot disc to make it work.

now i want to update it again but i have no idea what to do, can i just install the newest firmware with a tutorial or is there something i need to watch out for?

thanks.

2. MrGreaser

MrGreaser Regular member

Download the latest Jungleflasher PDF tutorial and the latest Jungleflasher software...and you should be able to flash your drive by following the fully interactive PDF file for your specific type of drive. Make sure to patch all your games with the latest ABGX360 software as well. There is a sticky on the first page of this forum that explains everything you need to know.

funksoulb has a great tutorial for burning XGD3 titles, search for it here.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  3. ThileFan

ThileFan Member

i think i made a mistake but this is what i did. i loaded a backup that had a FW update on it and then it was stuck in an upgrade loop cause it couldn't read the disc it was supposed to read off since i used the 1.6 freeloader disc.

then i upgraded to the newest iXtreme thinking it could read the disc then but it couldn't. but i fixed it with usb updates but now i have upgraded my system with what had the newest update installed. but it obviously won't load updates. what do i do now?

if i click benq unlock it goes well but then gives me an error if i press read.

simple version:
    upgraded to newest flash then upgraded xbox to newest dash. obviously it doesn't load backups. what do i do now.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

spammer spammed