1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading my PC Need Help

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by bid_dj, Feb 22, 2005.

1. bid_dj

bid_dj Guest

I'm going to upgrade my processor .My motherboard is a Intel D865GBF and the processor i have is Intel Celeron 2.0GHZ.I recently upgraded my memory to 1GB and t is DDR333 and on the instruction Manual it says DDR333 only supports up to processors w 533MHz and want to know weather i could put a processor with a greater FSB with this memory like FSB of 800MHz.

2. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

It can be done but not advisable. You can usually have higher speeds, not lower speeds for the memory. Better off to stay with a 533 FSB CPU then setting your memory divider to a 5/4 to set it at 320 when it’s actually 333. Or buy new memory and sell your older stuff.

3. bid_dj

bid_dj Guest

thanks a lot man

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

also depends on how high your board can go with new cpus as possible your board might be dead end. check manual & intel site for highest speed can go to & even than no guarantee it can go as high because you might get a prescott cpu that won't work on the board