1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgrading psp from dv 0.46 to ????

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by ricardo11, Mar 5, 2007.

1. ricardo11

ricardo11 Guest

hello. i'm new to all these devhook so i don't know what i should get for an upgrade. my psp's got FW 2.0 and i'm using DV 0.46 in it but some of the newer games can't play in it. what should i get as an upgrade? please help!!! i really don't know what to do. bless you people as you got the knowledge and the skills to do it and i don't.

and also, after i upgrade it, can it still play all the old ISO games that play on 2.71?

and also, can you give me step by step instructions on how to upgrade it? thanks a lot!!!

2. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

Man DevHook is practically outdated, using the latest cutom firmware you just launch ISO's off your XMB with 100% sucess rate, no need for external programs. If you want to know more just post here ill guide you through the process.

As for DevHook, someone else should know, although i dont think many people use it anymore

3. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

4. gerikoh

gerikoh Regular member

^use 3.03oe-c. almost everything there is so smooth and user friendly. :D

5. ricardo11

ricardo11 Guest

thank you so much for the reply, the arc!!! can you guide me through the latest custom firmware? is it also devhook? what are you using right now? can it play the old ISO games with older firmwares like 1.50, 2.00, or 2.71? thank you so much again!!! cheers!!!

6. ricardo11

ricardo11 Guest

thank you so much, the arc, gerikoh, and ggbarnum. so what would be the best upgrade to play all the current ISO games and old ISO games as well? all your advice would be greatly appreciated as i know nothing about firmwares right now. by the way, i'm using devhook 0.46 and i my psp has 2.0 firmware. bless you as you have the power!!! cheers!

7. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

If you are using devhook then you don't have 2.0 firmware. I guess what you mean is you are emulating 2.0 with devhook.

As you are running devhook you will have 1.5 firmware, if so then all you have to do is use Hex's winstaller to upgrade to 3.03oec or 3.10oea depending on which you want. Iprefer 3.03oec myself.

just goto the stickie at the top of the forum for details

8. ricardo11

ricardo11 Guest

ggbarnum, where's that "stickie?" sorry as i don't know what that means. so does that mean i should go dark_alex's? is that ok even if i'm on devhook? would my psp still be on FW 1.5? thanks for the reply!!!

9. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

A stickie is a thread that is kept at the top of the forum so it is always visible. look at the top thread in the forum, thats the one you want.

If you install custom firmware then you will not be on 1.5 firmware, you will be on whatever level of custom firmware you install.

10. ricardo11

ricardo11 Guest

but of course, the original firmware's still 1.5, right? it's just emulating the firmware u want? so which is better? dark_alex? or devhook? thanks for the reply ggbarnum!!!