1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading to v3.50 help needed

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jason8472, Jul 3, 2007.

1. jason8472

jason8472 Member

Iv read that version 3.51 has been released now, i have a pal psp on version 3.03 and i want to upgrade to version 3.50 as i have a copy of lumines. if i do the official update it will upgrade to 3.51, but i need a pal upgrade of 3.50, anyone know where i can get one from, only ones about are jap and north american. Thanks in advance

2. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

im pretty sure it doesnt matter with a PAL psp
    do the N.A. one tho

3. jason8472

jason8472 Member

i have a brand new memory card iv created the game PSP GAME and UPDATE file and put the update file for the North america 3.50 in there and it says its corrupt data. the files name is 13840_EBOOT.PBP. thanks for the support

4. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

take out the numbers and the _ and it will work

5. jason8472

jason8472 Member

your a legend many thanks, il be downgrading to 1.50 in no time :0)
    thanks again

6. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

im not a legend. dark alex is a legend. without him i wouldnt be here helping people with their problems. id be bored out of my skull with sony firmwares.

7. jason8472

jason8472 Member

iv copied the MS_ROOT folder to the memory card, iv put in lumines and nothings happened have i missed a step? do i need to do something with the eboot for v1.50?

8. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

it says the contents of the MS_ROOT folder. put the PSP folder inside the MS_ROOT folder on the root of the memory stick, overwriting the PSP folder already there

9. jason8472

jason8472 Member

iv done that iv copied the folder and replaced it, iv renamed version 1.50 eboot to UPDATE.PBP and pasted that in the update file. started lumines and it dosnt restart it just loads lumines up :eek:S iv checked the system settings and it still says version 3.50
    dont know what else to do

10. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

wen lumines gets to the press start screen, press start. dont let the demo start. thats how the exploit works.

11. mviesca

mviesca Member

i have a question..on the instructions in the 3.50 downgrader it says to delete <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE after i've run the psp update to 3.50..am i supposed to delete all the folders or just the update? if i do delete them..what folders should i have left?

and i also dont understand when the instructions says to copy the contents of the folder MS_ROOT from the 3.50 downgrader ZIP to
    the memory stick

help please
    thank u

12. jason8472

jason8472 Member

after installation i formatted my card, you copy the psp folder in the msroot folder for the downgrade to the psp folder on the memory card and replace. hope that helps, iv done this and it works fine

13. mviesca

mviesca Member

thanx that did help a lot
    but now how do u do this:
    Unzip the 1.50 update to a temporary folder. Rename the EBOOT.PBP to
    UPDATE.PBP and copy it to <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE/ . DO NOT
    OVERWRITE PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP!

do i download the update then rename is to that..then put it in the update foler?

what do they mean by do not overwrite the eboot thing?

14. jason8472

jason8472 Member

extract the rar to a tempfile on pc or laptop eg desktop, rename the eboot.pbp (sorry cant remember extension letters) to UPDATE.pbp and paste that into the update file on ur psp, just the renaming means it does not replace the existing on ur psp. One thing i didnt do at first was press X when lumines starts. dont let the demo start up

15. mviesca

mviesca Member

it says to put the new renamed file on the psp>game>update..but after i reformated it doesn't have the update folder nemore ...so where do i put it?

16. jason8472

jason8472 Member

just recreate the folders by making new folders using ur pc/laptop connected by usb

17. mviesca

mviesca Member

so i created the UPDATE folder in the game thing again...is there supposed to be anything in it?