1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UPGRADING TO XP SERVICE PACK 2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by GUMDROP, Mar 13, 2005.

1. GUMDROP

GUMDROP Member

does anyone know how to save everthing on the computer on to disc(what to save) on windows me system about to upgrade to full upgrade of windows xp? I know that it will wipe all during this process but I need to know how to save all files etc. before i upgrad....the simple upgrade is not too good for the system on an upgrade from me to xp.....i need to save all befor doing the FULL upgrade on xp servicepack 2...........any help would be really really apprreciated...

2. Cixx

Cixx Member

what does this have 2 do with ps2:S.

3. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

Hey this has nothin to do with Ps2 backups

4. GUMDROP

GUMDROP Member

boy..........so narrow minded.............help if you can........

5. XhyDra

XhyDra Member

[bold]GUMDROP[/bold]

Hi... I can be of some assistance =). If you are planning to do a full system install and you want to back-up your whole system onto a disc then I would recommend using a software such as Norton Ghost or any other Imaging software that allows you to make a full system restore disc off of your current PC data. If you do plan on using Norton Ghost, all you have to do is set the parameters to split it into several images that will fit onto either CD-R's or DVD-R media. I highly recommend creating another Partition to test out the Windows XP w/SP2, for that you would need something like PowerQuest Partition Magic. If all you are backing up is your documents then Nero Burning ROM would do the job. I hope that helps =).

Regards,
    [bold]XhyDra[/bold]

6. cdneger

cdneger Member

This has nothing to do WHATSOEVER with PS2. There are numerous boards on the net for discussion of Windows and other OSses. Please take your questions there. Oh and that has nothing at all to do with being narrowminded, more with your obvious lack of anything resembling common fusking sense.

7. Pdasterly

Pdasterly Member

Your norton backup won't be recognized by XP. XP has a documents and settings transfer wizard you should run before upgrading.

8. GUMDROP

GUMDROP Member

to cdneger ....only stupid people have to resort to dirty words to elaborate their feeling since they can not come up with the proper language to say something intelligent ...you bumhole! I suggest you stay off the internet completely or someone who knows more than you JUNIOR MEMBER decides to send you a gift you can never get out of