1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading Unleash-X Dash

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by blkfoot, Jan 19, 2008.

1. blkfoot

blkfoot Member

I have a softmod with Unleash-X as my dash, and the version is 0.38 does anyone out there know how to upgrade the dash files without losing what is on the hardrive? I have found a new version and there is no instructions on upgrading...

Thanks,
    Joe

2. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

what do you mean upgrading the dash the unleash x dash? mostlikely if you try doing that over the xbox it wont work but when you do upgrade the dash it wont delet any thing unless you delete it manualy when putting the update on there.

3. blkfoot

blkfoot Member

Yes, upgrade the unleashx dash I have 0.38 installed on my x-box and I have found version 0.39 build 546 and was wondering how to upgrade it without havingt to start from scatch and use that dash when moding. I have 100 games on my system and don't want to lose them.

Thanks,
    Joe

4. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

what soft mod did you install with .? it was probably an old one there isnt realy any need to upgrade it theres nuthing different.

5. varnull

varnull Guest

It's not a good plan attempting to upgrade a softmod main dash.. especially with what may turn out to be an untested development version.
    There are some builds of unleash which are very unstable

If you can confidently lock and unlock your hdd with xboxhdm then you can go for it.. but as you are asking how to upgrade a main dash I can only assume you don't know how that works...

100 games.. that sounds more like a chip job.. did you mod the box in the first place, or get somebody else to do it? I'm only assuming a softmod or you would have just run an installer disk and set a different dash.

Let us know a little more about how this xbox is set up.. and then we will tell you how to proceed.. messing randomly with a main dash is most likely to end up in a hard to recover brick situation.

6. blkfoot

blkfoot Member

The system is a softmod, I did it myself... I put in a 350gig hd and used the files and instructions from this forum to do it... When I did the mod, I used Unleash-X as my main Dash. I have slowly put all the games on the HD myself... I had just saw that there was a newer version of Unleash-X and was just curios as to the process of upgrading without losing what was on the HD. Lot's of time involved.

Thanks,
    Joe

7. blkfoot

blkfoot Member

Now, if I want to install a new dash, just run the installer program again and install a new dash? If I do that, will I lose what is on the HD?

Thanks,
    Joe

8. evilbulb

evilbulb Member

to joe and foot. if you guys did a softmod. just install the dash you want from the softmod screen. ive actually f'd my drive by adding adn deleting dash files ,but all i do is reinstall the softmod by using splinter cell and it comes back everytime. i even got an error 13 a few times, but a quick reinstall of the softmod and everythings ok. joe, if you are concerned about messing up your stored games, FTP them to your comp first, then try reinstalling the softmod with the dash you prefer.