1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uploading from DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by ShaxV1, Mar 14, 2007.

1. ShaxV1

ShaxV1 Member

Hi, I recently bought a dvd recorder so I can record some shows. I have a 30 min series that I would like to upload to my website for my members to download. Its a Soap Opera. There is another site that has it but its for their members only. I don't have a dvd burner, only a dvd player on my computer. I purchased AoA DVD Ripper (online) which puts the series on my pc however when I upload it to my site its 394 megabytes, and it would take some 4 hours to download. Is there a way to make it smaller so its quicker?

thanks in advance.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hello ShaxV1,

Well what format are you ripping the seris to with AoA? This prgram can rip in many different formats and each will produce different sizes. Normally a DivX movie would produce the smallest file and still with good quality.

Cheers!

3. ShaxV1

ShaxV1 Member

Hi bbmayo.

When I open the DVD in AoA DVD Ripper it says Converting to AVI/ DivX/XVid...(*avi)

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Check out this guide it should help
    www.aoamedia.com/dvd-to-divx.htm

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  5. ShaxV1

ShaxV1 Member

thanks bbmayo, I will try the link and let you know

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You will need to copy and paste that whole link in your browser because it just wont post on here right for some reason?

7. ShaxV1

ShaxV1 Member

hmm well the megabytes seemed to have went down (im looking as its converting) its currently @ 222 mb. However I was able to check the other site and how much MB it is and its 102mb. But its the same show? So Im not so sure how else I can lower the mb :(

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If you look at step 10 of that guide you will see you can change the resolution. What is the resolution of the other sights file? They may have changed this?

9. ShaxV1

ShaxV1 Member

ok thanks bbmayo, the resolution was different. Mine was 720x??? and theirs was 320x??? (can't think of it now) so Im gonna change that. Also the bit rate was completely different. Not sure how to change that one though. Im gonna look into it. Thanks again, and I will let u know