1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uploading to IPOD through other than ITune

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Rocks911, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Rocks911

Rocks911 Member

I run the most current version of Winamp as my media player. It does not even recognize my IPOD Nano so uploading MP3's to it is impossible. I have ran other media players that have the same difficulty.

The whole special Apple proprietary system thing has me bonkers. I run an older XP machine and it seems nothing gets along with the IPOD on my system. Is there not some simple way of easily getting music to my IPOD through my XP computer?

I told my wife I didn t want an IPOD for this very reason but I got one anyways, now if only I could use it.

I want nothing to do with ITunes or much of anything Apple, not because they arent good products but because I am a PC guy and anything Apple just frustrates the h*ll out of me and my computer.

Is there really no easy way to load onto an IPOD through an XP machine?

2. Mez

Mez Active member

You sound like my kind of person. 1st thing NEVER ever update itunes! I got a Nano maybe 5 yrs ago. I never updated it so the security is minimal. They must have upgraded the security another notch.

Check out Media Monkey. They will be the first to break through Apples new defenses. The UI is much busier than itunes or Winamp so it might not be your cup of tea. However, their programmers are much smarter than Apple's. They may have already broken through. It and winamp are the leading jukebox apps on the market. They are doing so well their free version is not 100% free anymore. You got to pick from a bunch of sponsors. I suspect they will install toolbars or something like that.

The MM sync routine are wonderful. Even though I hate Apple with a passion, they still make a great player. Enjoy but keep a lid on those greedy bastards from making your life miserable. Oh, and do not have itunes installed on your computer if you synced with it. You can uninstall but use the option to keep your user info. You can reinstall and be back where you left off. If you haven't registered your ipod with itunes on that computer it will not interfere.

3. Rocks911

Rocks911 Member

Thanks for the reply.

I found a great stand alone app. that does the trick. Sharepod. Simple but effective.

4. Mez

Mez Active member

The other like Sharepod is icopyexpert. They actually do some things better than MM. But I usually swap my music on my ipod frequently. Having a powerful auto sync app is handy for that. The other 2 are fully manual syncs.

5. k00ka

k00ka Regular member

Sorry for coming late to the party Rock911..Anyhow, another great media player that can manage the iPod is foobar2k..I use it to sync my Nano, when or if I get tired of using iTunes..But I gotta be honest with you, that rarely happens..
    http://yuo.be/wiki/dop:start

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum.