1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UPnP or Not ? Azureus ...slow speeds..

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by pj94z, May 31, 2007.

1. pj94z

pj94z Member

I have cable 5.0MB internet (motorola surf modem connected to WRTG54 Linksys Wireless Router V8).

Now, I've never been able to get consistent good speeds downloading torrents.

I will get spikes of up to 400 kbps but then it will quickly go back down to 30 kbps and then spike between 10 kbps - 50 kbps.

I have UPnP enabled in Azureus and Linksys - Is it generally better NOT to use UPnP? Any suggestions?

I remember when I had DSL (with different modem and different router) my download speeds were steady at 200 kbps until the file finished ...it never went up and down like this.

So, I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the optimal configuration given my hardware ?

I am running Windows Vista with Firewall ON (with azureus in exceptions)

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

3. pj94z

pj94z Member

well, it turns out the slow speeds were due to the torrents I was downloading.

I picked a few other torrents that had high avg swarm speed and my downloads reach 400 kpbs and ranged between 100 - 300 kbps.

good enough for me..

thx

4. blazie151

blazie151 Member

I'm using Azureus with Vista 32Bit and having download speed problems. I enabled UPnP in services.msc and set that and the SSDP both to automatic, but when I check my router, Azureus is not mapping the ports. I have made all of the holes in the firewall that I need (the port I've chosen, as well as TCP 2869 and UDP 1900 (the UPnP framework ports, and its not working). I get green downloads all the time, and my average download speed in Azureus is around 110kB/s. My speed test ratings put me at 19500kbps down and 1500kbps up, so I should be getting much better speeds. At least 500kB/s. The strange part is that even though Azureus is using up less than a 1/4 of my speed, my internet surfing is very slow.

5. jeffw224

jeffw224 Regular member

pj94z-I believe that router either is the WRT54G (or is referred to both ways). Anyhow, it is on the azureuswiki "Bad Routers" page, under "Due to too Many connections", with a suggestion to set "max global connections" to less than 200:

http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_routers

I know you are not having problems now, but, if your connections are set to unlimited or a number higher than 200, the overload could cause the problems you were having before.