1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upside Down SVCD

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Rodgers, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Rodgers

Rodgers Guest

I have been using Nero and encoding my movies to SVCD to play on my DVD. Never had a problem of anything being upside down in the finished product. I am using VirtualDub 1.4 for my splitting and everything looks good in my editing, until I get to Nero for my SVCD. Everything is perfect until I burn this movie, when it comes out upside down in Nero. I am sure you experts can solve this one for me.

Rodgers

2. Memphist

Memphist Member

Nero is not the best choice for encoding movies. try using TMPGEnc.

3. Rodgers

Rodgers Guest

Thanks for the recommendation. I use that program for splitting movies, but never have used it for encoding the SVCD. Will give it a try and thanks for the reference.

Rodgers
    camera1@nycap.rr.com

4. Magic

Magic Member

This happened to me. Don't know what causes it. All I did was uninstall my recently installed codecs and reinstall them again and it went back to normal.

5. Rodgers

Rodgers Guest

Magic,

Thanks for telling me you had a similar problem and your results. Will try your suggestion if it happens again. Was told that TMPGen was better than NERO?? Cannot find instructions for that programs use and have had good results with Nero. Thanks Again!

Rodgers

6. wise_one

wise_one Member

if u have Nimo installed try going into the config for the G400 and turn off/disable the Load Filters...

7. Rodgers

Rodgers Guest

I have NIMO DIVX400 2.3 installed. Thanks for your response. There is no provision in my version to turn off/disab le the Load Filters. There is however, a tab for Picture Choices, which allows you to Force Vertical as follows:
    Don't Flip
    Flip Input
    Flip Output
    Flip Input & Output

By default it is setup as "Don't Flip". Should I change it to "Flip Output"? Any assistance you can give will be appreciated. This is the one and only time I have ever had this problem in converting to SVCD.

Regards,
    Rodgers

8. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Are you splitting a movie from a dvd rip& encode? If so, why? The onlly time you need to use VirtualDub is if your audio is out of sync. Your best option for a dvd rip& encode for SVCD is to use DVD2SVCD& Cinema Craft Encoder. Be sure to create bin& cue formats and use VCDEasy as Nero sux. VCDEasy will burn MPEG1/MPEG2 if you don't have enough hd storage for bin& cue format.

VCDEasy:http://www.vcdeasy.org/

Shoey

9. Rodgers

Rodgers Guest

Shoey,

Thanks for your response, but I guess we all have our pet ways of conversion and playback. I use VirtualDub 1.4 exclusively for my splitting, because I love the editing features and the ease of use. I am not saying that it is the best, but it works well for me. I don't have any audio problems or sync problems of any nature. Nero has been my preferred program for things I like to do. When I get a chance I will compare your references to what I have been doing and see what develops. Once again thanks for your input!

Rodgers

10. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Rodgers,
    ywq m8 but I assure you that if you use DVD2SVCD using CCE encoder, you simply can't get any better video quality for sure. Be sure to tick "Min avg" in the Bitrate tabfolder. Also set cd size to 800 for the first 3 cd's and if you can, create bin& cue format. If you need any further assistance for DVD2SVCD, let me know BEFORE encoding your dvd rip m8.

Shoey