1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upside down video

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Eran55, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Eran55

Eran55 Member

I have a movie in XVID format. When I play it on my Windows XP with Microsoft Media Player 9, I see the picture upside down.
    I have installed DIVX total pack as well as the ffdshow but it did not help.
    Does anyone know what causes the picture to appear upside down??

2. guidecca

guidecca Member

Same problem. I ran the .avi movie with WinAmp 3 and the damn thing was upside down. Have not got a clue. Don't get paid to know either. Let me know when you find out.

guidecca

3. bang

bang Member

Certain programs have picture invertion filters. I don't know if wm9 has it. Otherwise the source has done it that way as a joke (so you will have to download another copy from somewhere else).

4. Horbags

Horbags Member

I'm brand new to this forum, but i thought i'd let you know i have the same problem, but it's only for one file!? It's messed up. I have a few codecs and i heard that the xvid codec could be the problem to have an upside down picture, well it still did the same thing after I uninstalled it! So I hope somebody can help us out!

5. Khisanth

Khisanth Regular member

turn the monitor upside down? looks like the guy who did the movie thought it'd be funny to watch it upside or he was dislexic . . .

6. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

I've heard that using YUV instead of RGB filtering when encoding the movie "can" cause this to happen. Does anyone know the validity of this?

7. Khisanth

Khisanth Regular member

or you can convert it in like vdub and it might have a filter you can add to rotate the movie

8. phrozen

phrozen Member

had the same problem. then i downloaded radlight divx player and everything works fine now. *fixed*

Last edited: Feb 7, 2003
  9. DoopDoop

DoopDoop Member

The ONLY prob i've had with upside down video, is when burning a divx file into vcd format. Nero will let this upside down slip through unfortunately. You must dnload a Divx2AVI converter and use that, THEN you can burn succesfully to vcd using Nero or whatever. As far as regular Divx playing upside down, check your player softwear and dnload all the codecs possible.. as far as I can tell, tucows.com has a divx2avi converter...

10. llsmith

llsmith Guest

I have had the problems with upside down video and sometimes I could convert the files using tmpgenc but now the audio in some files isn't the right format. I can view in WMP but upside down. Open NERO and the open the file in WMP and is right side up, still burns upside down though. Hope someone finds an answer or utility or something, pain in the gazoongus.

11. dkohl

dkohl Member

someone told me Virtualdub would work to decode the audio or reencode but it did not work for me...see thread using TMPenc

12. obieobied

obieobied Member

I need to know.
    If you have that problem with all of your XViD movies, then yes, I have a FiX for you. i've had that problem.
    If it only does it with one XViD Movie, then i cant. lemme know and ill tell u what 2 do.
    And also, did u install Nimo Codec Pack? (im not telling you to, im asking if you have)

13. baker2g4

baker2g4 Member

I've had this problem, too. I would play an XViD movie and it would be right side up in all of my video players. I would burn it in Nero and play it. To my suprise it was upside down in all of my players. There are to relatively easy options opposed to reencoding. (1) Some people have uninstalled ffdshow and got it to work. (2) Click START> Programs> ffdshow> Configuration. Then, under the Miscellaneous options, check "flip video"

14. llsmith

llsmith Guest

Here's an odd way to cope with. Played movie in WMP, upside down. Opened NERO, played in WMP, rightside up. Shut down and restart, upside down in WMP, opened NERO and minimized it. Opened NTI CDMaker, burned VCD. Finished product is rightside up. I will sure try the ffdshow thingy though. Thanks y'all

15. DoopDoop

DoopDoop Member

News Update. Nimo Codec Pack (specifically nimo50build8) seems to work MARVELOUSLY for anyone having trouble.. also,best prog out there for converting avi2mpg to avoid embarassing upside down vcd's is honestech mpeg converter v4.0. if making vcd's however, you'll probably want to use neodivx's avi splitter first. it'll split an avi file typically in about 4 minutes and let's you specify the max size per part (handy if ripping dvd's) but make sure you dont have any plans to use your puter for the next 296 minutes or so... oh yeah, make sure you grab newest directx, as well as xvid codecs as well. hope this helps everyone.. I went through a LOT of trouble to find this information

16. dvant

dvant Guest

Does anyone read help files?
    Media Player 9

Set Hardware Acceleration to full.
    Two places MP Options and Settings/Advanced/Troubleshooting !!!
    Close MP and restart
    Done!

17. raketmand

raketmand Guest

Just suffered the same problem.
    Found out that my graphics setting was a bit optimistic (desktop size, colors, update ratio), however no warning was given.
    Try to reduce number of colors or desktop size according to your graphics card memory specification.