1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent, before I buy tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mrskitch, Jun 15, 2007.

1. mrskitch

mrskitch Member

Hey guys, here is an ordeal for some of you, maybe you can give me some advice:

So, where I work sometimes employees can get discounts on returned goods that we can't salvage ourselves, for whatever reason. Sony is hard nut to return to, so I might have a shot a getting a cheaper but pretty new psp, but this is where my problem lies. The bottom row of buttons either don't function properly or at all. For instance, the HOME button will deactivate the screen even though the console is still on (wont come back on unless reset). Do you guys think its a software or hardware issue? To let you know, the firmware is 2.81 but I haven't ever heard of a problem like that. Let me know what you think before I go do something crazy.

2. silentdan

silentdan Member

Sounds like a hardware problem to me,also u are goin to need gta unpatched to downgrade and make homebrew friendly.

3. mrskitch

mrskitch Member

Yeah, I was afraid it was a hardware problem and my buddy has a unpatched game, I think. I know that the cost of the part is like 5-10 bucks but I'm wondering if its on the mobo or the PCB...