1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

URGENT! Does 1.9G works with 3.1J ?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by KedWolf, Nov 17, 2007.

1. KedWolf

KedWolf Member

Ok .. First of all im sorry for posting a new thread again .. But I found out the problem and I need someone to tell me if this is gonna work. I have a brand new Japanese Wii and updated my Wii to 3.1J .. And now the problem is, After Updating my Wii, I cant play a single game .. But I know well that there is a WiiKey since I can play Backuped games earlier .. And another problem is, I dont know if my Wii is either Pal Or NTSC (Please someone tell me how to know if it is any) And If I update my WiiKey to 1.9G, Will it detect the backuped games again?

Reply ASAP!!

2. dreamer9

dreamer9 Member

Your wii is NTSC since a jap wii is NTSC-J hence the 3.1J firmware ver you see in your wii details.

I've updated my wii from 2.1 to 3.1J and all backuped and original games are working just fine.

I havn't upgraded to 1.9g yet, but if your wii don't run any game then it is an issue that has nothing to do with the 1.9g upgrade, as far as I understand.

You might want to try and get the wii 1.3 config disk, burn it and run it and then set Region Override to on or off and see if it makes any difference when loading games. Bare in mind you'd need a gamecube controller to use that config disk.

Another issue you might have is that the 3.1j update didn't go so well so you could try to update it again.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  3. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

u can use the config disc by pressing the reset button on the wii to cycle through the options - u dont need a controller