1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent help required plz

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Sparsh, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Sparsh

Sparsh Regular member

Hello ppl......i m a newbie at Xbox 360 stuff....i usually hang out in the PSP section plz help me out here!!!
    I live in India n in india i only get PAL Xbox360 consoles....My question is after softmodding my xbox360 will i b able to play NTSC backup games or is there anything like region protection which will stop me from playing NTSC backup games on my PAL console......ppl in india say that only if i buy a NTSC-J console i will b able to play NTSC-J region games!!! n unfortunately PAL backup gams are not available most of the backups available are NTSC-J games[yes they do sell backup games in shops}....plz advise as soon as possible..........Thanx in advance

2. steimy

steimy Active member

unlike the regular xbox the 360 is not reagion free, but some games are. So you would have to stick to a game made for your region unless it is listed as region free. this will help you.
    http://www.xbox-sky.com/xbox360_regional_compatibility_guide/
    most of the good sites will have PAL and NTSC-U games. I do not see many NTSC-J games listed on the sites i know. MOre PAL then NTSC on some sites.

3. Sparsh

Sparsh Regular member

isint there nything like a modchip or some firmware that allows playing games from other regions???????????????

4. wabashman

wabashman Active member