1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

URGENT Help with psp ISO's!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Nick_Koop, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Nick_Koop

Nick_Koop Member

I really need help with my psp. I am using 3.52m33-4 and am trying to play metal gear solid portable ops...its a cso file and when i go to load it from the xmb it turns into a black screen...i have loaded and played virtua tennis 3 before so i dont no what the problem is. I have already made it so it doesnt need a umd and it still doesnt work...is it because i might have a fake MS because it says magic gate unknown :(...can this be fixed by using devhook or umd emulator etc.
    any help would be appreciated and a 1 on 1 convo would be even better.
    Thanks
    Nick

2. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

go to your recovery menu (turn off psp completely and turn back on while holidng the R TRIGGER. you will enter recovery mode. then go to advanced > advanced configuration and enable plain modules in UMD/ISO. try running the game again. i dunt think the memory stick is the problem yet but it is most likely going to be int he future.. tell me if it works now... if it doesnt you need to download another file because that is a bad ISO meaning its no good and cannot boot.

3. Nick_Koop

Nick_Koop Member

Nope, i enabled plain modules but it still only loads to the black screen and then i have to reboot...does the 1.5 or 3.52 kernel matter and i have read that having a memory stick that says magic gate unknown means it wont work??? any truth to that?...any other ideas because it took me ages to download the game so id rather not hav to do it agen.

4. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

my mgs: portops is running fine on my 3.52 m33-4, using no advanced options and the sony np9660 no umd driver. your cso must be a bad rip. you're bound to download one, sooner or later.

5. Nick_Koop

Nick_Koop Member

oh that sucks...so you dont think it has anything to do with my memory stick possibly being fake???

6. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

the memory stick may be the problem. but your other games seem to be working. but if you tried other mgs: portops iso/cso and the results are the same, then it's the memory stick.

you can try to format the memory stick, and see if that works. be sure to copy everything to the computer first.

7. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

still it can be a bad ISO or CSO tho, thats what happened with me i downloaded shin budokai i tried playing it under every region and toggled with every recovery option, and some games just do not work so i recomened downloading another one. like its been said already, u can play other games, so it is most likely not the memory stick.

8. drakex

drakex Regular member

Yes bad iso-image, I have seen it a couple of times, i get 1 copy of the same game, then I get another 1 works the other doesnt, its encoding, whoever did it, did it wrong, try to get a different ISO or CSO and it will work, if you downloaded it via torrent, there is a chance that its damage or bad encoded.

9. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

You could also try changing the CPU speed inside the recovery mode.

10. Andrew78

Andrew78 Member

ive had that same problem with Madden 08 and Live 08. The games start and get to main screen and when i go to start a game it freezez at the loading screen. Any ideas?

11. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Have you disabled the three options inside recovery menu - advanced?
    Is your CPU speed set to 333?

12. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

wut he said exept sometimes the first one doesnt need to be disabled.

13. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Ive had problems loading games before with plain modules enabled so i just disable it

14. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

but some games however do require it to be enabled so if it doesnt work you should try to enable it.

15. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Ahh, didnt know that, im not much of a gamer, prefer mucking about with the firmware

16. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

yeah usualy i am too, i just figured why bother when ill get back to the same firmware lol. so ya i started playing games more then fw and now i rarely change it. i used to ALOT tho look at my history xD

17. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

Yeah, my PSP has also been battered, just include the main bits now, got well into tomb raider anniversary at the mo but i got a fake battery that says it has 2 bars left and dies before you save it which is really pissing me off

18. paul1978

paul1978 Member

could someone please please help me im am running 3.03oe-c and everytime i try to play iso's i am getting a 80020148. i am so confused 1 because im new to all this but also because some people are telling me i need devhook and some people are telling me i need to be on fw 3.52m33 if anyone can help me i would be very gratefull especialy if you could fully explain it.

19. chwoolgar

chwoolgar Regular member

1st) Have you got a UMD in the PSP when trying to run the game? If not put one in.

2nd) Turn off PSP and turn back on holding R

3) Change settings in configuration to:
    Kernel 3.03
    Change UMD Required

Go into Advanced>Advanced and disable all three