1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

URGENT HELP

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Faisal937, May 30, 2007.

1. Faisal937

Faisal937 Guest

Hi

I'm a psp newbie so please be gentle.

I just got my psp and the firmware on it is 2.82
    is there any way i can downgrade it to 1.5 so i can play iso files?

Thanks in advance

2. Oraseth

Oraseth Regular member

2.81-3.03 versions can be downgraded to 1.50 so you can put in custom firmware, but it involves using the GTA:LC version 2.0 trick.

Check here on for details

3. Faisal937

Faisal937 Guest

Thanks mate

4. Faisal937

Faisal937 Guest

I tried the site you told me but can't get it to work.
    I get stuck on the third part where screen colour should change, it just says that it cannot run this program coz its corrupted

5. Oraseth

Oraseth Regular member

err, you are using the "2.71 PSP (TA-82 or TA-86)" part?

Files needed for 2.71 PSP
    TA-082 2.71 Downgrade Files
    1.50 Update

1. Open the 2.71 TA-82 or higher downloaded files and extract all files to the root (topmost folder) of the memory stick.

2.Copy over the 1.5 update EBOOT.PBP renamed to UPDATE.PBP into X:\PSP\GAME\UPDATE\

3. Now exit to your PSP and run HEN D by going to the photo menu and entering the HEN D folder.

Note: For the next few steps make sure your battery is charged to at least 75% and your charger plugged in.

4. Go to the GAME menu and and run 1.50enabler.

Read: The 1.5 enabler will tell you if you can run 1.5 or not. If it says you cannot press X to alter keys, don't continue till it says your settings will run 1.5

5. When the program exits back to the XMB run UPDATE X.YZ.

6. When your PSP has finished downgrading press X to restart your PSP.

7. When you turn your PSP on there will be a blue screen, Press O.

8. Enjoy the new v1.5 PSP!

-----------

Those instructions have worked for my m8 that used those to downgrade his ta-82

6. Faisal937

Faisal937 Guest

The problem that i'm having is that when i run the 1.50 enabler, i get the PSP screen then get a blue screen saying that "the game could not be started"