1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent. HP DVD +R

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by livia7916, Jul 4, 2007.

1. livia7916

livia7916 Member

Hi everyone,

My harddrive is maddog 16x DVD+-R/rw. In the past I used all types of blank media, but decided to buy HP to try and it was on sale. I tried burning using DVDShrink and Nero 4times(coasters), but it keeps giving me an error message. Burned failed at 2.4x, 4x, 6x, 16x. I even flashed my harddrive twice and nothing.

I am thinking its the media. Any suggestions on how to make this work. Thank you in advance.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi livia7916
    You mean the optical drive (not hard drive :)) is a Mad Dog.

HP uses different manufacturers for their discs and looks like the ones you have are not the best or compatible w/ your drive.
    You can tell who made them.
    Pop a blank in the drive. In Nero go to Tools (ToolKit in nero 6) then CD-DVD Speed. Click on the disc info tab. The manufacturers will be listed there.

What's the model # of the Mad Dog and which firmware version did you flash it too?

Your best bet though is to buy some different media like Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim or made in Japan Sony, Fuji or Maxell.

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

"My harddrive is maddog " !!!!! Priceless ! - Though Binkie7 's Advice is sound on this issue .

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hey there BIGTOXY69
    Long time no chat :)
    Happy 4th!!

@livia7916
    Post back the info from my post above - add the manufacturer of the HP's too.